Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Needed Some Time Away; Back In My Bag, Defending My WBC Title In June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

See post above
    My point exactly, he would've fought a bum like Munguia if given the chance but chose to stay inactive because there was no easy money out there.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
      Still surprised they didn't strip him. 2 years without a defense? No guarantee that his projected June fight will even take place. Can he still make 160?
      Exactly
      Damn sure uncle Al had much to do with him not getting stripped
      Lions only my fughin azz
      wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

let me guess, he fights a bum in his great comeback fight

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Being so inactive for so long and no fights planned I don't know how the WBC has not stripped him.
          He's under the HPP -- Haymon Protection Plan.

I won't expect anything less than a mismatch with an over-hyped opponent. Sulecki, Zerafa, Williams?

Comment

So in translation, he’s out of money and currently cycling off, and ready to fight a 40 year old former 154 pound journeyman, 8 years past his prime. Change my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              No tune ups! #lionsonly
              Has he ever fight anything other than tuneups?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

He's under the HPP -- Haymon Protection Plan.

I won't expect anything less than a mismatch with an over-hyped opponent. Sulecki, Zerafa, Williams?
                I agree that it will be an underwhelming opponent if he ever comes back.

Comment

Glad to have you back champ. GGG, Janibek, Lara and Adames all deserve fights ASAP at 160. This should be done by the end of 2023. Long absences call for long work years, especially in the case of world champion that take pride in professionalism. If you decide to go the 168 route I would like to see you beat Morell, Plant, and Benevidez before even mentioning Canelos name, as they are more proven at the 168lb weight class. This all could be accomplished prior to the end of 2023 champ. If you need guidance on it, you should talk to your lil brother, canelo, or hell even Devin Haney knows. Best of luck on the comeback Jermall, looking forward to it

Comment

D-level Montiel was his toughest fight and he developed smoke phobia since.

Comment

Doubting we see him by the summer or even enter the ring as champion. Something will come up.

Comment

Working...
                      X