No announcement yet.

Why is Al protecting Spence so hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Al protecting Spence so hard?

Lunatoons got it right, why is he being protected so hard?

He should be a middleweight right now. Still fighting guppies and doesn't want to **** with a master guppie.

Other side of the street doe!

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

PBC is still marketing "undefeated" as a selling point. That is why fighters like Spence, Charlo and Tank are carefully matched against names that are either heavily hyped by their PR team, or catching a household name on their way up or down in their respective careers. They have to protect that precious "0" in the loss column at all costs.
    hhh1200 hhh1200 El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Because his only stars are tank and spence. Wilder will retire in a few fights. If spence loses, it's over for him

Comment

Spence is finished.

Comment

Theres only 1 guy who made MULTIPLE excuses over the years and his name isnt Crawford.

Comment

Who would have thought it wouldn't happen last year? I for one was just waiting for an announcement for the date or simply some news about it getting made finally. But approx five months into the negotiations the clock started ticking. You'd begin to wonder what those many months of haggling were for. Even ***** won't have that kind of patience. Looking back either PBC wanted it this year or just basically piss Crawford off and make him go away. Why didn't Spence get involved by this time?

You don't spend that length of time on basically a take it or leave it offer. And why have we not heard anything from Floyd Mayweather about this fight not getting made? Because he knew it won't happen.​

Comment

They didn't want Crawford to derail Spence's money train. So while I dont think any one fighter is scared of another. Their definitely overly cautious to lose out on any money

Comment

Well.....IMHO its the Floyd effect. Now, dont get me wrong, I'm a Floyd fan but the way that the advertised and to some extent "protected" his "0" is what we have today as boxing legacy.

Charlo, Spence, to an extent Crawford and bunch other are following this playing card of carefully matched opponents to protect the "0" and hype them up. This is the reason that boxing is **** now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                  They didn't want Crawford to derail Spence's money train. So while I dont think any one fighter is scared of another. Their definitely overly cautious to lose out on any money
                  Wasnt it Crawford that negotiated with BLK prime and decided to fight Avesenyan? That isnt Al protecting Spence is it?

I guess as long as the fight doesn’t get made and Al doesnt go to the media he will get the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Wasnt it Crawford that negotiated with BLK prime and decided to fight Avesenyan? That isnt Al protecting Spence is it?

I guess as long as the fight doesn’t get made and Al doesnt go to the media he will get the blame.

I have no reason not to believe Crawford and how PBC was slow-playing him in negotiations. Crawford is not really one to speak to the media and then when he does I doubt its going to be a complete lie. Plus lets not act like AL hasnt had a track record for these sorts of things.

Comment

Working...
                    X