Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Dmitry Bivol: 'Of Course, I Want This Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev on Dmitry Bivol: 'Of Course, I Want This Fight'

Artur Beterbiev finally expressed some enthusiasm for one of the most intriguing matchups in boxing. The WBC, WBO, and IBF light heavyweight champion Russia has usually responded to queries about fighting countryman Dmitry Bivol, the WBA titlist, for the undisputed championship with brusque indifference.
    [Click Here To Read More]

IF, and I do mean IF because in reality it ain't happening, but... IF Canelo DOES go through with the rematch and actually beats Bivol, do you think he will go after Beterbiev? I would see that fight happening sooner than a Beterbiev v Bivol clash, only because Arum and Hearn wouldn't need deal with one another. This fight just seems like it's never going to happen.

Comment

Maybe ( ALL ) the fighters need to become free agents so these dam big fights can happen.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

If Bivol really pushes for the fight by stating to Hearn that he won't take the Canelo rematch unless he's allowed to fight Beterbiev on ESPN, then it will happen. But Bivol has to put his foot down, because we all know how badly Fast Eddie wants that Cinnabon rematch money and recognition.

Comment

The promoters have way too much sway over everything in the sport. It’s like putting accountants in charge of the corporation -- inexorably they ruin everything they touch. How many great matchups have either not gotten made or else were ruined by years of pointless, haggling delay because the promoters hated each other worse than the fighters did?

Comment

Both fighters have to demand it. Otherwise, weasels like Bob and Eddie will continue playing their games.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

My money is with Artur if it gets made this year.

Comment

they were both under DAZN.

That was the perfect time to make this fight. Artur had to run to PBC witness protection.

Now it's Ramadan this..... Arum that.

his resume is absolute dog chit and he brings 0 money.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  they were both under DAZN.

That was the perfect time to make this fight. Artur had to run to PBC witness protection.

Now it's Ramadan this..... Arum that.

his resume is absolute dog chit and he brings 0 money.

yup, thats true. But hey , Bobfather loves marination. 38 y/o Beterbiev is prone to get beaten by a younger fighter. You can't beat Father Time.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephHH View Post
                    IF, and I do mean IF because in reality it ain't happening, but... IF Canelo DOES go through with the rematch and actually beats Bivol, do you think he will go after Beterbiev? I would see that fight happening sooner than a Beterbiev v Bivol clash, only because Arum and Hearn wouldn't need deal with one another. This fight just seems like it's never going to happen.
                    After getting smacked around the ring by Bivol, Canelo's not going to want to get punched around the ring by Beterbiev.
                    It just ain't going to happen, even if by some MIRACLE Canelo were to defeat Bivol in their rematch, Canelo would avoid Beterbiev like the plague.

Comment

Working...
                    X