Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin Takes Stay Busy Fight on January 27 at the Castleton in Windham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post

Nobody cares what you think.
    Ditto on Otto's call outs

When a person's claim to fame is almost winning.....

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Good for Wallin to stay busy. Keep himself in rankings (and most likely ascending them).

Since the the cut he caused Fury, he defeated Breazeale, Kaufman, Booker and Sokolowski. He had Whyte and Ortiz swerve him.

As for not getting bigger fights, this is the problem if you are with a lesser promoter. Can't afford to pay for a bigger name so you try to convince the big names to take you as an opponent. That's hard if you're good enough to be a risky challenge without generating revenue of any kind.

The ugly business of boxing.
      You & I have been saying for months this guy needs a new promoter.
      JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Like I said in that comment -
        This has to be the shlttiest HW ewa since the 80's.
        The gap between the ''good'' and the Otto's are galaxies apart
        AJ, Usyk, Wilder.............Fury
        Then everyone else.
        I'd place Otto under the likes of Oldtiz, Andy, Joyce, Afe
        He'd live with the likes of Del Boy and Parker

Calling out names is so easy
        Beating those names, not so much
        And yet I see all those same nondescript names on those elite fighters resumes as well. Calling out names is so easy, getting yourself in a position to fight them, not so much.

Fury got in the ring with Wallin, suffered a cut by a punch. A severity of cut that has stopped fights before. The difference being that Fury was a house fighter with a big payday looming. Otherwise, he would have caught an L. Maybe not so much "galaxies apart" as you say.

Credit to Fury for fighting thru it but that punch came very close to derailing his (and Top Rank's plans).

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          You & I have been saying for months this guy needs a new promoter.
          He should go to Arum, Al Haymon or Hearn.

Comment

And yet I see all those same nondescript names on those elite fighters resumes as well. Calling out names is so easy, getting yourself in a position to fight them, not so much.

Fury got in the ring with Wallin, suffered a cut by a punch. A severity of cut that has stopped fights before. The difference being that Fury was a house fighter with a big payday looming. Otherwise, he would have caught an L. Maybe not so much "galaxies apart" as you say.

Credit to Fury for fighting thru it but that punch came very close to derailing his (and Top Rank's plans).
            "Fury should have caught an L"

Why? He fought through and won showing the ref made the right decision. Fury could handle the cut because he's a big guy. It had nothing to do with "plans".

The ref told Fury multiple times to show he can keep fighting or he would stop the fight and Fury delivered.

Y'all haters always gotta find an excuse for why Fury is undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

"Fury should have caught an L"

Why? He fought through and won showing the ref made the right decision. Fury could handle the cut because he's a big guy. It had nothing to do with "plans".

The ref told Fury multiple times to show he can keep fighting or he would stop the fight and Fury delivered.

Y'all haters always gotta find an excuse for why Fury is undefeated.
              if you're going going to quote someone, it's probably best to actually quote them correctly. My words were, "otherwise, he would have caught an L" and he would have if the ringside physician determined the fight should not continue.

As I stated, fights have been stopped for less severe looking cuts than Fury sustained. In my post I gave credit to Fury for fighting thru the cut and winning the decision.

​​​​​​

Comment

2nd Fight off TV Damn Salita you can't get him not even a ShowBox date or something man is already 32 he wasting prime years with Sh^t fights like this when the man is a Legit Top 10-15 Heavyweight Currently and should be getting way bigger fights

Why not a fight with Frank Sanchez, both #2 and #3 in the WBO, would be a nice Final Eliminator or for Mandatory Spot

Comment

How many L's to top dogz do you feel Otto deserves ???
                  Otto is not a mug to fear

Comment

if you're going going to quote someone, it's probably best to actually quote them correctly. My words were, "otherwise, he would have caught an L" and he would have if the ringside physician determined the fight should not continue.

As I stated, fights have been stopped for less severe looking cuts than Fury sustained. In my post I gave credit to Fury for fighting thru the cut and winning the decision.

​​​​​​

That wasn't what you said. Your statement clearly meant that Fury should have lost.
                    The "Otherwise" was refering to the excuse you gave. Somehow you couldn't comprehend your own statement.

Yeah giving credit doesn't mean anything when you claim he only won due to politics.

It's a bit funny to be acting like a smart ass when you contradict yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

That wasn't what you said. Your statement clearly meant that Fury should have lost.
                      The "Otherwise" was refering to the excuse you gave. Somehow you couldn't comprehend your own statement.

Yeah giving credit doesn't mean anything when you claim he only won due to politics.

It's a bit funny to be acting like a smart ass when you contradict yourself.
                      Thank you for first misquoting me and then subsequently telling me what I meant. It's appreciated.

I stand by my words. Other fights have been stopped for far less serious looking cuts. The punch was caused by a cut, had the ringside physician deemed the fight to be stopped it would have been a TKO loss for Fury. In your previous quote you referenced Fury being a big guy so he could handle the cut. That doesn't even make sense.

If you don't think politics or economics factor into ringside decisions from commissions, refs, doctors and judges then you are very naive.

Comment

Working...
                      X