Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga Parts Ways With Top Rank, Becomes Promotional Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Meh, he looks decent but not completely sold on that kid.
    He's 20 years old, we shouldn't be completely sold on him tbh. He's showing some progress though, unlike Berlanga who has completely stagnated for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
      Berlanga vs Jacobs on deck Matchroom extravaganza
      I know you're joking, but that's actually not a bad match-up. Put it as the main-event in the MSG Hulu theatre and it could probably do well. It's a very good crossroads match-up.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-18-2023, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Knowing Top Rank’s M.O., they wanted to lower his minimum and match him up against vulnerable Light Middleweights and Middleweights at Super Middleweight hoping that experience would help him develop, rebuild hype, and bide time until there’s a big money fight available.

I could also see them pushing to move him to 160 (where he would face Welterweights and Light Middleweights). At least, there you can maneuver him to a title shot without having to worry about him getting upset by a random opponent.

Berlanga probably found a better deal out there, so good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post

Every one of those guys will kill him including the dirrells.
          I said they would be FUN fights to watch not fights he's going to win

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Say man, I keep seeing you in threads and I will read your posts and then promptly forget whatever you typed once I get to the bottom. Who in the world is that beautiful woman?
            Dulcemoon

Comment

That a pretty surprising move because Top Rank stays finessing the Puerto Rican community with pretend stars.

No disrespect to PR, but when the fanbase is there but the stars are not, promoters will look to take advantage of them. Look at the ****ing clowns Oscar was hyping as generational talent to the Mexican American community before Canelo really blew up.

There's good fights for Berlanga at both PBC and Matchroom.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I know you're joking, but that's actually not a bad match-up. Put it as the main-event in the MSG Hulu theatre and it could probably do well. It's a very good crossroads match-up.
                I was only joking about the extravaganza part.. that’s exactly what that snake Hearn & Connoly are concocting behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  Berlanga is like that ****** that was supposed to go to the moon!!!
                  The ones in the know realized way back that Berlanga aint sht. No I didnt expect him to moon at all lol.
                  Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    That a pretty surprising move because Top Rank stays finessing the Puerto Rican community with pretend stars....
                    I agree, so a quick Boxrec lookup of Puerto Rican Supermiddles finds this guy, Luis J Rodriguez Fernandez

​He's 10-0 with 10 KO's.

Pair these guy up on the island and make some money with the locals. the winner gets the push.

Comment

Yeah he’s not what the hype was, but he young and hopefully he works hard and is honest with himself. He could be something. Or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X