Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga Parts Ways With Top Rank, Becomes Promotional Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he's A level he should find who he is against some lesser ranked dudes. Some other interesting names for him to fight are: Yamaguchi Falco, Junior Younan, Anthony Simms Jr. I mean those would be competitive. I thought of Jacobs too but he won't defeat guys like Jacobs.

Comment

Could deffo see him going to pbc or something but tbh he was hyped by TR but they do that very well with there younger talent I give them that but his last few performances haven't been the best an he looked flawed

Comment

Berlanga better get back with his old trainer over at ProBox, and get in the ring to resume his career as soon as possible.
        Numbr6 Numbr6 likes this.

Comment

Fight Rosado in an all PR showdown in NYC

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
            i would like to see him fight david "le mule" lemieux. i think le mule wins that one.
            Lemieux is retired from the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
              Fight Rosado in an all PR showdown in NYC
              I think even an old shopworn Rosado would beat him
              Then no more gravy train

Comment

Stay away from Morrell Jr., you're not there yet! Maybe Danny Jacobs, Gabe Rosado, or Anthony Dirrell?

Comment

Damn, TR dropping you says a lot. Surprised TR didn’t milk him a little more.

in addition to his C - D grade performances in like his last 5 fights, I’m sure the biting and the 6 month suspension upset somebody.

or

They probably told him to fight on a Zayas headlined undercard (where he belongs) and he didn’t want to.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Came on here to say the same exact thing. I've seen announcements of Top Rank dropping fighters (some undefeated) and wondering why. Usually those fighters end up losing and slipping into anonymity soon after.

Not too long ago, Top Rank released Elvis Rodriguez after he lost to Kenneth Sims Jr.

Handwriting is on the wall for Berlanga. His power seems less impressive as the competition increased and he doesn't come off as the most humble fighter that is looking to improve.
                    He believed his own hype and when marginally challenged he barely gets an ugly win. He has way too many deficiencies to say we can work in one area and improve.
                    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Stay away from Morrell Jr., you're not there yet! Maybe Danny Jacobs, Gabe Rosado, or Anthony Dirrell?
                      Funny, Morrell (8-0) actually has a lot less pro experience than Berlanga (20-0). Yet, David seems far more imposing. I agree, Morrell would clean Beralnga’s clock.

Comment

Working...
                      X