Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Receives Contract For Davis-Garcia: 'Devil Is In The Details; April 15, Let's Go!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad state of boxing when the best news weve gotten in years is a super fight between 2 notorious duckers. Other than that, no complaints. The lead up will be fun and the fight on paper seems attractive enough.

Hopefully the loser fades away into irrelevancy.....Boxing is only big enough for one Twitter World Champion.
    Last edited by El Más Loco; 01-17-2023, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephHH View Post
      My guess is that Ryan will box Tank’s ears off for five or six rounds before eventually getting slept. Tough call.
      "Ryan will box Tank's ears off"?????? Huh??? WTF????? Ryan has no defense, no head movement, chin in the air, feet stuck in cement, can't slip punches but is going to BOX his ears off??? Ryan has fought all D-level bums (except Luke Campbell, he was C-minus Eurobum) his entire career. He just relies on that left hook (and it is a thing of beauty) to win the fight. Unfortunately Tank has already devised a plan to nullify this one trick pony and has 20 different routes to a fabulous KO. Bank o it bros!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
        Whoever loses will be irrelevant going forward. If Garcia loses it'll be like yeah of course, finally exposed. If Tank loses, it will be jeez bro you lost to Ryan? Get your ass outta here.

I personally kind of think Garcia might win a decision if he doesn't over commit to anything.
        Neither guy will be irrelevant after this fight win or lose

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Ryan has been slept on by a lot of people who just aren't capable of judging him beyond his "good boy" image.Tank losing to Ryan should be nothing more than losing to a phenom,kid is/will be found to be that good. Just wait.....
          Could be. If he does win people will start believing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post

Does crack has been watching too much Vlad TV, lol. No vatos are out to get you. Ur safe. Look at my sig to check the score.
            Crack has been over since the 90s. Now it's all about Mexico/China shipping heroin, fentanyl and meth to rural American neighborhoods to kill off poor hillbillies. I'm on the east coast my man where shyte gets done from NYC to MIA on the I-95 corridor by people who look like me. Sorry no vatos over here baby just toilet cleaners, grass cutters and lil square box illegal immigrant women who take care of white babies. And WTF is vladtv?
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Two months after all parties declared a done deal was in place, Gervonta Davis and Ryan Garcia are nearly set to fight.

Al Haymon/Abbott: You throw the ball to Who, who is playing first base.
              Oscar/Costello: Then who gets it?
              Al Haymon/Abbott: Naturally.
              Oscar/Costello: Naturally.
              Al Haymon/Abbott: Now you've got it.
              Oscar/Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.
              Al Haymon/Abbott: No, you don't! You throw it to Who!
              Oscar/Costello: Naturally.
              Al Haymon/Abbott: Yes, that's it—say it that way.
              Costello: That's what I said.
              Al Haymon/Abbott: No you did not.
              Oscar/Costello: I said I throw the ball to Naturally.
              Al Haymon/Abbott: No, you don't! You throw it to Who!
              Oscar/Costello: Naturally.​

Oscar: "What time will the Davis vs Garcia 'fight' start that night"?
              Al Haymon: "What 'fight'?
              Last edited by Brian T; 01-19-2023, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Crack has been over since the 90s. Now it's all about Mexico/China shipping heroin, fentanyl and meth to rural American neighborhoods to kill off poor hillbillies. I'm on the east coast my man where shyte gets done from NYC to MIA on the I-95 corridor by people who look like me. Sorry no vatos over here baby just toilet cleaners, grass cutters and lil square box illegal immigrant women who take care of white babies. And WTF is vladtv?
                So you’re telling me these guys on the I-95 are fat, balding, and look like they read She Hulk ****zine every month? Lol. Your computer is probably littered with po-rn and broken computer keys. Does your conservator know you’re not taking your meds?

Comment

Originally posted by El Más Loco View Post
                  Sad state of boxing when the best news weve gotten in years is a super fight between 2 notorious duckers. Other than that, no complaints. The lead up will be fun and the fight on paper seems attractive enough.

Hopefully the loser fades away into irrelevancy.....Boxing is only big enough for one Twitter World Champion.
                  Are you Mas o Menos Mexican like me and Jhonny my alpha male chihuahua!

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

"Ryan will box Tank's ears off"?????? Huh??? WTF????? Ryan has no defense, no head movement, chin in the air, feet stuck in cement, can't slip punches but is going to BOX his ears off??? Ryan has fought all D-level bums (except Luke Campbell, he was C-minus Eurobum) his entire career. He just relies on that left hook (and it is a thing of beauty) to win the fight. Unfortunately Tank has already devised a plan to nullify this one trick pony and has 20 different routes to a fabulous KO. Bank o it bros!!
                    Eh. You may be right. Ryan has underrated in/out qualities in how he fights, and is lightning fast. And he does have power. But is it enough to rattle Tank? Nah. I just see him frustrating Tank for the first half before he's figured out in full.

Should be a fun fight either way.

Comment

Here's the thing, we know that Tank is a calculating and brutal fighter. Ryan has shown traces of that, but not enough to cause worry for the other side. My worry for the kid is that someone gave him a false lion's speech after the Fortuna fight and he's got it into his head that he can best Tank. And maybe he can, but I doubt it. But if Tank sleeps him and he likely will, it's going to send that poor boy into a massive shame spiral and the consequences won't be pretty.
                      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X