Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Wants Fury-Usyk To Happen, But Prefers To See Wilder-Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

This has always been my feeling

a big static target like AJ is absolutely tailor made for Wilder. Say what you want about Wilder, but he is absolutely elite at closing range very fast and landing that right hand.

I just don’t see how a big static heavyweight like AJ can beat Wilder. Especially considering someone timid like AJ would be reluctant to let his hands go v Wilder.

If you haven’t got the movement or boxing IQ v Wilder, you’re gonna get poleaxed in a few rounds, unless you have balls of steel and willing to try to push him back.
    Joshua is not static, Fury has just fought two static fighters back to back.

Joshua was not static vs Usyk in both of his fights.

No way is Joshua a static fighter, if you keep saying it? That does not mean it is true mate.

Joshua's movements are not really fluid and they do seem extremely choreographed. But he is not a static fighter, never has been.

Joshua, Usyk, Fury these are pretty much the only world to elite level fighters that can move etc.

Fury's movement may actually be the worst out of the three. Whyte can hardly move these days, and he still found Fury inside the ring.

But I will be honest, Deontay Wilder for me has always been one of Joshua's most difficult fights stylistically. It is just the aggression, the power and determination of Wilder 'If you go into a fight with Wilder planning to box from mid-long range, then you are putting yourself in the danger zone all night'.

I don't think the fight is good match making for Joshua. Ruiz Junior vs Joshua III is a much better fight 'This time around Joshua should aim to beat Ruiz Junior down'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-25-2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Wilder will brutalise Joshua.
      real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

I agree with Hatton. Nobody wants to see the 6ft 9 lurch tip-tap point scoring and running away from Usyk all night like he did against Klitschko. AJ v Wilder will be far more explosive. I'm betting AJ will KO the protected fraud windmiller far quicker than Fury did.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Joshua is not static, Fury has just fought two static fighters back to back.

Joshua was not static vs Usyk in both of his fights.

No way is Joshua a static fighter, if you keep saying it? That does not mean it is true mate.

Joshua's movements are not really fluid and they do seem extremely choreographed. But he is not a static fighter, never has been.

Joshua, Usyk, Fury these are pretty much the only world to elite level fighters that can move etc.

Fury's movement may actually be the worst out of the three. Whyte can hardly move these days, and he still found Fury inside the ring.

But I will be honest, Deontay Wilder for me has always been one of Joshua's most difficult fights stylistically. It is just the aggression, the power and determination of Wilder 'If you go into a fight with Wilder planning to box from mid-long range, then you are putting yourself in the danger zone all night'.

I don't think the fight is good match making for Joshua. Ruiz Junior vs Joshua III is a much better fight 'This time around Joshua should aim to beat Ruiz Junior down'.

He is a static target in the sense he hasn’t got the natural fluidity so he can’t really throw any meaningful shots without setting himself first or an authoritative jab without setting himself, which is bad news If you’re fighting someone like Wilder who looks for an obvious pattern to trigger his right hand in a split second.

being a static target doesn’t mean you have to be stood still all the time, but he becomes a very obvious static target when he wants to throw anything.

you can get away with it again someone like Ruiz or Usyk because you have a significant reach advantage so you can set yourself and jab or throw shots and then move off, but if you don’t have that advantage and have to set yourself before you can throw shots, then you leave yourself at risk and you can’t do that against Wilder.

you must have limited boxing knowledge if you can’t understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

He is a static target in the sense he hasn’t got the natural fluidity so he can’t really throw any meaningful shots without setting himself first or an authoritative jab without setting himself, which is bad news If you’re fighting someone like Wilder who looks for an obvious pattern to trigger his right hand in a split second.

being a static target doesn’t mean you have to be stood still all the time, but he becomes a very obvious static target when he wants to throw anything.

you can get away with it again someone like Ruiz or Usyk because you have a significant reach advantage so you can set yourself and jab or throw shots and then move off, but if you don’t have that advantage and have to set yourself before you can throw shots, then you leave yourself at risk and you can’t do that against Wilder.

you must have limited boxing knowledge if you can’t understand that.
            You need to stop trying to make out that Wilder is a elite level fighter skill for skill, he is not mate. Technically Wilder is not even a World level fighter 'I am speaking about his technical ability, not his gameness, power or determination'. The only attribute which from a technical perspective, I rate which Wilder has 'Is his Jab'. Deontay Wilder's Jab for me is ranked in the top-3 of all Heavyweights. I would only ranked Tyson Fury and maybe Joe Joyce's Jab ahead of Wilder's.

Anthony Joshua is a not a static fighter. To certain degree, different fighters have to set themselves more to throw punches.

Floyd Mayweather Junior had to vividly set himself, to throw punches. You could constantly see that he has set and reset 'Way more than Roy Jones Junior'.

All these skills you talk about when referring to Tyson Fury. You must know being a expert on his career.

That Fury has not fought at elite level skill for skill for 7 years, since Kiltschko.

Fury has not actually proven his skills against another elite level technically skilled fighter since Kiltschko.

When Tyson Fury fights Usyk, if he fights Usyk. This will be the first time since Wladimir Kiltschko, that Fury is facing another elite level fighter technically skill for skill.

Let's cut all the embellishment out regarding Wilder, yes the man is a determined game and violent fighter 'And I do rate him extremely highly'.

But skill for skill he is not a World level to Elite level fighter. His movement and balance are terrible 'Unstable'.

Anthony Joshua is a more experienced fighter than Tyson Fury at both World & Elite level.

Joshua was beaten twice by Usyk, but those two fights did prove and validate his overall boxing skills 'From mid-long range'.

Joshua was competitive at elite level skill for skill with another elite level fighter 'For 24 rounds'.

Note: Anthony Joshua when you look at is record and the fighters he has been fighting. Joshua's boxing skills have been more thoroughly tested than Tyson Fury's. So all these top level skills you are talking about regarding Fury, is in part irrelevant. Fury has only displayed these skills against heavyweights who don't have World level to Elite level technical skills.

Tyson Fury has not fought or boxed skill skill another World level to Elite level boxer since Wladimir Kiltschko. This is why yes I do make Fury the favorite to beat Usyk, but when I analysed Fury's resume? I have to take all of this into account. When Tyson Fury is inside the ring with Usyk, the action may look entirely different to what people expect etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-26-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I don't care what nobody say, fury got his azz whupped in his first fight with Deontay Wilder, fury spent way too much time down on his azz lookin up and everybody knows it, but they gave him a draw. Look at the clock in the corner, Deontay Wilder knocked tyson fury down in the 9th round and he knocked him out in the 12th. Deontay also knocked tyson fury out in their 3rd fight in the 4th round when tyson fury went down the second time. The clock at the left in the video don't lie

Comment

Some of these folks who post in here ain't never been in a boxing ring or even licensed to spar. They have no-idea what's so ever how a 40 weight advantage help fury survive. Or how hard it is to KEEP somebody sleep, who has a 40 lb weight advantage over you.

Lets see what fury is made of. If Deontay ever becomes fury's mandatory his handlers should demand/negotiate a maximum weight of 240lbs.
                If fury is brave enough to come in at that weight I'll give him his props.

Comment

You need to stop trying to make out that Wilder is a elite level fighter skill for skill, he is not mate. Technically Wilder is not even a World level fighter 'I am speaking about his technical ability, not his gameness, power or determination'. The only attribute which from a technical perspective, I rate which Wilder has 'Is his Jab'. Deontay Wilder's Jab for me is ranked in the top-3 of all Heavyweights. I would only ranked Tyson Fury and maybe Joe Joyce's Jab ahead of Wilder's.
                  Everybody can tell you've never been in a boxing ring or even licensed to spar. Tyson fury at 6'9 277 lbs is one of the weakest heavyweights in boxing. Look at Deontay Wilder's knock out ratio next to fury's knock out ratio. It's not even a contest. So um stop dreamin. When you see a flyweight knock out a middleweight or get into the ring with a middle-weight it's the flyweight who gets the props.

That's why people in boxing see Deontay Wilder as being way tougher than fury, but he's also a better boxer and he hits way harder than tyson fury and everybody knows it. Deontay Wilder came into his fight with a 40 pound weight disadvantage, stood toe to toe and put fury on his azz a total of 4 times in 2 fights. @ 277lbs fury oughta be embarassed. Deal with it, fury has.

Comment

Originally posted by zipped View Post

Everybody can tell you've never been in a boxing ring or even licensed to spar. Tyson fury at 6'9 277 lbs is one of the weakest heavyweights in boxing. Look at Deontay Wilder's knock out ratio next to fury's knock out ratio. It's not even a contest. So um stop dreamin. When you see a flyweight knock out a middleweight or get into the ring with a middle-weight it's the flyweight who gets the props.

That's why people in boxing see Deontay Wilder as being way tougher than fury, but he's also a better boxer and he hits way harder than tyson fury and everybody knows it. Deontay Wilder came into his fight with a 40 pound weight disadvantage, stood toe to toe and put fury on his azz a total of 4 times in 2 fights. @ 277lbs fury oughta be embarassed. Deal with it, fury has.
                    You are trying to insult me. But understand mate, that you are not insulting me 'That is what you need to understand firstly'.

I am not even going to try and insult you.

Nobody can claim that Deontay Wilder skill for skill is a elite level fighter. There is something called technique 'Bio-mechanics'.

These area's of Deontay Wilder's game, are not elite. That is a fact.

Wilder gets off balance, when nobody is even pushing him about. Wilder has some problems fundamentally.

Wilder is not as stable, or as co-ordinated as Anthony Joshua inside a boxing ring.

Relax and read my post in full. I am one of the few posters on this forum, who gives Deontay Wilder serious respect and credit.

Wilder has pushed Tyson Fury, more so than all of Fury's former opponents. Wilder does have some good attributes, but overall skill for skill when you go through all the departments of boxing 'Wilder is not skill for skill technically a elite level fighter'.

I am not stating that Wilder is not a great fighter. Because Wilder is without a shadow of a doubt, is a great Heavyweight fighter from this era.

Wilder struggles to throw short punches, he broadcasts his back hand i.e When he is loading up with a punch, he is pulling a bow and arrow. It is a minor miracle he is still able to land this punch on Tyson Fury, who apparently has boxing skills that are way above everyone else in the division.

Wilder best attributes are his aggression, determination, punching power at long range mostly. Wilder's offense becomes less and less effective, as the range closes. Wilder has a solid jab, and overall conditioning.

I rate Deontay Wilder as a fighter, I think he beats most other Heavyweights. And if the 4th fight with Fury is ever made? That is another close fight.

Note: The Heavyweight division is a open class division. So I understand what you are saying about Fury out weighing his opponents. But really? That is irrelevant. The Heavyweight division is the purest form of competition in the sport, no catch weights, no re-hydration clauses, just two fighters fighting one another to prove who is the best on the night.

If Wilder wants to fight Tyson Fury, then he has to fight Tyson Fury with optimal preparation. Which means he has to fight Tyson Fury weighing whatever he wants to weigh 'Because that is pure raw competition'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-26-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

You are trying to insult me. But understand mate, that you are not insulting me 'That is what you need to understand firstly'.

I am not even going to try and insult you.

Nobody can claim that Deontay Wilder skill for skill is a elite level fighter. There is something called technique 'Bio-mechanics'.

These area's of Deontay Wilder's game, are not elite. That is a fact.
                      It's not an insult to say people in the business can tell you've never been in a boxing ring or licensed to spar. It's ONLY the truth. First of all I can tell you have no idea what an elite fighter is. Cause you have no idea how it feels to have a fighter with a 40 pound weight advantage leaning on you all night long (during a fight).

..People are always trying to analyze a fighter's style or his mechanics. But our opinions are NOT what makes a fighter elite. If you don't like a fighter's style or you think he's doing something mechanically wrong in the ring then that's your own personal opinion, but that's what trainers are for; to correct mistakes. Personally, I think fury is an awkward lumox who does a zillion things wrong in the ring, but I'm not gonna say "hes NOT an elite fighter. There's a thousands of fighters with great mechanics that YOU would consider elite, but winning and becoming a Champion is what makes a fighter elite.
                      Last edited by zipped; 12-26-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X