Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez: I'm Not Afraid Of Regis Prograis; I Just Know My Worth, How Big The Fight Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez: I'm Not Afraid Of Regis Prograis; I Just Know My Worth, How Big The Fight Is

By Keith Idec - Jose Ramirez was willing to take the risk inside the ring against Regis Prograis. The proud former WBC/WBO 140-pound champion is insulted by those that suggested this week that he is "afraid" to fight the powerful southpaw who won the WBC belt last month that Ramirez once owned. Ramirez reminded his doubters that his resume proves that he is willing to fight the most imposing opponents - including the dangerous southpaw Prograis knocked out to win his title, Jose Zepeda, and the only boxer who has beaten him and Prograis, Josh Taylor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Quack quack quack quack quack

Comment

Quack quack quack. Nobody cares. Onto fighters who actually want to fight and are worth paying attention to. Duck

Comment

Who’s a worse, more biased reporter? Keith Idec or Jake Donovan?

Comment

Josh Taylor’s son
          tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Don't really think he is ducking Prograis to a certain extent. From his recent media IMO, he just sounds like he is being a businessman. He feels he knows his worth and he's just acting on it. Can't knock him for handling his own business. Boxing is a business first. Hope they eventually meet somewhere down the line bc this would be a really good matchup.

Comment

Duck of the year for sure.

Comment

Ramirez should've taken the opportunity to fight Prograis for the title.
                He had already passed on a rematch against Zepeda for one of title's that Taylor had vacated.
                This particular fighter isn't making to much sense lately when it come's to his boxing career.
                That's unfortunate, because from what I've read about him he's a stand up guy, helping his community out where he can.

Comment

I am a big Prograis fan, but I can live with this explanation. The fact he would be fighting a top level fighter like Prograis after a long lay-off may have been as big of a concern, but his business explanation sounds solid for now.

I guess we will see what happens in the future, and based off how he handles his 2023 will show if he is truly into fighting the best or... not so much.
                  sinca Veneno likes this.

Comment

Prograis has an entertaining style. Moves his head and feet, flinches, creates angles, uses a volume of punches, and has power. I would say for Ramirez that would be an L. Probably -200 to -350 as Prograis the favorite.

Comment

Working...
                    X