Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: If Usyk Don't Want No Smoke In February, Then Let's Do Joe Joyce At Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what, you're not gonna rematch Joey Abel after this?

Comment

Joyce is a very dangerous opponent for Fury. Not sure he's serious about this one tbh. Might just be throwing the name around.

Comment

Fury overlooking Chisora? Surely not.

​​​​​​

Comment

The “I walked 5 miles in the snow” guys that think their era was king would likely disagree out of pure bias, but if (AND I MEAN IF) Fury beat Usyk and then Joyce, he qualifies in my opinion in the top ranks of who would beat who ever. And the guys that talk all about levels of competition only have so much they can offer, because maybe the best fighter in the world ever only fought one guy (can you argue?). Although anyone can beat anyone at HW with one shot, Ali and company were physical little boys compared to him, Foreman doesn’t land much against him, Lewis and Vitali would make Fury pack 6 lunches and would be quite interesting.
          But this is all academic. Fury fighting Chisora again is crrrrrrap.

Comment

He doesn't mean it.

Comment

Usyk, Joyce, Dubois, Joshua.

Beat 1 of them and we know what we already know, that Fury is best of his era. Beat 2, and we’re talking about an ATG heavyweight. Beat 3 or all 4, and then there might be credible claims about him being the best ever.

Comment

Usyk seems to want it. I am certain we're getting the big fight. If for some reason it doesn't happen, I have no issue with a Joyce fight.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
                  Joyce is a very dangerous opponent for Fury. Not sure he's serious about this one tbh. Might just be throwing the name around.
                  I’m skeptical as well. I will say this, the style matchup makes sense for Fury. Joyce has consistent, thudding power that wears guys down, he doesn’t have that one shot that ends the fight. So how does Joyce win? Does Joyce win a decision against Fury? That’d be tough to imagine. So it begs the question, is Fury a guy who can gradually be beaten down and stopped from continuous punishment? I find that tough to imagine because Fury is big, insanely tough and well conditioned, and very scrappy and dirty when he has to be.

Fury may be mentally unstable, but make no mistake about it he's extremely intelligent.

Comment

Just gotta wait until the postfight interview to get an actual answer from Fury
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

I’m skeptical as well. I will say this, the style matchup makes sense for Fury. Joyce has consistent, thudding power that wears guys down, he doesn’t have that one shot that ends the fight. So how does Joyce win? Does Joyce win a decision against Fury? That’d be tough to imagine. So it begs the question, is Fury a guy who can gradually be beaten down and stopped from continuous punishment? I find that tough to imagine because Fury is big, insanely tough and well conditioned, and very scrappy and dirty when he has to be.

Fury may be mentally unstable, but make no mistake about it he's extremely intelligent.
                      I firmly believe that once your sized is matched, your toughness might look different under the lights.

I also firmly believe the more damage you take the shorter your resistence meter gets =---> being tough doesn't last forever. Despite dominating Wilder, he took a lot of punches, punches that dropped him. During the last fight, I was getting some indicators that maybe this was already happening to Fury, that his chin might have a crack or two in it.

With that said, Joe's tactics and the ability to take a shot or two could really be a spoiler for Fury. Hard to say without seeing Joyces chin tested, like really tested.

Champion or not, being a gypsy grants you no favors with the judges =---> especially UK judges. Obviously Fury is from Britain, but he's never had the people.

Yes, I think Fury can gradually be beaten down and stopped from continuous punishment.

So many things to consider and at the end of the day it comes down to mysterious intanglbles that makes boxing so exciting and intriguing. Fury is such a prime example of this.

Rebelrbg Rebelrbg SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X