Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: You Mad At Me For Taking Fight With Tough Opponent, For Bigger Purse, Guarantee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
    BLK will be even bigger than triller!
    LMMFAO. and then they will be in the dumps as well

Comment

Mayweather did come out and say that not long after the fight was announced for Nov. 19th. PBC knows that if Spence loses the fight,the ww division has slipped from their control. Then all they have is 154,which isn't a big $ weight class. That was the whole reason TC couldn't get the fight when he was at TR. PBC has been terrible for the sport of boxing. Out their whole stable of fighters they barely have one ppv headliner. TC has been calling Spence out for YEARS. How can anyone defend their business model of holding up fights and putting on one turd ppv fight after another? Boxing is too splintered,the talent level too thin,to offer up only in house ppvs. Yet Haymon continues to refuse cross promoted events. Btw,I'm not a PBC hater or TC fanboy. I just want to see the best fights and believe PBC throws a big monkey wrench into making them happen.

Comment

Spence will fight bud but he has to pay pbc first.

Comment

Not sure Spence can/will stay at 147 long enough for a Crawford fight to happen.

He's gonna move up sometime, so why not now?

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Terence Duckford is a entitled idiot. Very talented with a meaningless boxing career. He dam near broke Top Rank and tried to do the same in the Spence negotiations. He brings nothing to the table. Had he not have the WBO belt then where would his career be.
            He would probably be mandatory for Spences other belts and Spence would be dropping them and running off to 154.
            Fact Fact Kingpin1995 Kingpin1995 like this.

Comment

Don't explain yourself to the fans, it makes you look/sound like you have a guilty conscious.
              You should've signed to fight Errol Spence Jr., this David Avanesyan fight is a massive let down .
              Especially after all that back, and forth (negotiating) trying to make the fight.
              Which only gave us the false hope that this fight would eventually happen.
              That was just straight up crap and you both look like a pair of fool's, for not making the biggest fight for both of you.
              A fight that all of the boxing fans were anxiously waiting to see who would be the Kingpin of Boxing.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Avesenyan isnt tough. But we all get why Crawford made the fight because of the money.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-03-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Terence doesn't need the money from this fight to feed his family.

He can retire after this fight and be good with, I'm sure, over ten to twenty million? Hopefully he has that and more.

We obviously don't know the behind the scenes situation. But is it just me, or is it very difficult to get a fight done with Al and PBC if you're " on the other side of the street"?

They like it in-house there, maybe more so than Top Rank. Not good for the sport. We are ever so grateful when a rare cross promotion deal gets done. I'm surprised they got the three Fury-Wilder fights made, and they were mostly exciting entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
                    Mayweather did come out and say that not long after the fight was announced for Nov. 19th. PBC knows that if Spence loses the fight,the ww division has slipped from their control. Then all they have is 154,which isn't a big $ weight class. That was the whole reason TC couldn't get the fight when he was at TR. PBC has been terrible for the sport of boxing. Out their whole stable of fighters they barely have one ppv headliner. TC has been calling Spence out for YEARS. How can anyone defend their business model of holding up fights and putting on one turd ppv fight after another? Boxing is too splintered,the talent level too thin,to offer up only in house ppvs. Yet Haymon continues to refuse cross promoted events. Btw,I'm not a PBC hater or TC fanboy. I just want to see the best fights and believe PBC throws a big monkey wrench into making them happen.
                    Crawford has once again taken a fight and a deal rather than do what it takes to fight Spence.

While PBC is responsible for some fights not happening, to say they are bad for the sport when they put on the biggest events and major cross promotions is disingenuous.

We are a few weeks removed from watching Devin Haney, in a similar situation, sign with TR and take a deal the majority of posters felt was bad, so he could get the fight and shot at the LW title he desperately wanted.

Haymon seems to be doing the same thing at WW that Bob is doing at LW.

Bob has a monopoly at LW. Haney to his credit stepped up and did what he needed to do to get into the mix. Didnt whine and cry. Just went out and win.

Why cant Crawford do same given Haymon has a similar monopoly at WW?
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-03-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

The boxing world is so chaotic--just like American politics. So much greed, jealosy, hatred, etc. affecting people's decisions to the detriment of the sport. I am happier watching Sugar Ray Robinson fights, or Leonard-Duran, Hagler-Hearns, Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera-Morales, Chavez, Fenech, Azumah, Finito, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X