No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Signs With BLK Prime Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by real raw View Post

That's a bad idea on too many levels to list, firstly, those are team sports, boxing is an individual sport. 2nd, despite league proclamations, they are USA sports, boxing is global. 3rd, if a man or woman, is going to enter into a ring for combat, where the goal is to inflict physical injury, the fighter alone should decide who and when they fight. This isn't "Gladiator" or Django Unchained."
    You must be a foreigner because this sounds like you don't have a clue about the American sports landscape. Boxing is an individual sport just like the UFC and they don't allow the fighters to decide who and when they fight. That's why they are successful at what they do. UFC is a global sport but it is ran by Americans who make all the decisions. The NFL is a sport where the goal is to inflict physical injury and it is successfully ran by an American company where the players do not have any factor in the decision making process.

Comment

As lucky as they were to dodge that bullet,atleast there was potential upside to Roc Nations offer as Broner hadn't been exposed yet. This is deal/offer to AB makes absolutely zero sense. Might as well flush that money down the toilet,oh wait......

Atleast AB's 15 kids wont have to worry about going hungry anytime soon doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
        LOL this is another dazn!. No way this will work.
        At least they are not claiming to be "No PPV". I'm done with DAZN.

Comment

Haymon has no dates to appease his stable.. he has way to many fighters.. smart of AB to move on, the man is still a box office attraction..

he can do a fight in Atlanta or Washington DC and nearly sell out a major venue.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

He was a great prospect. Had all the talent in the world to be a HOF boxer. Just couldn't handle the fame out of the ring. He's a strange individual but he's not a horrible human being. Horrible human beings ****** children, **** women, mass school shooters, Jeffery Dahmer, El Chapo etc....
            He never had "all the talent in the world" to become a hall of fame boxer. He was all flash and no substance beating up on smaller fighters. Once he could no longer cut to 135 he got exposed by the first dangerous opponent he fought. He was 100% prepared for Chino,talking all that crap only to get figured out the 1st time by someone he couldn't physically walk down. After that beatdown he became gunshy and it was a wrap. The fame had nothing to do with his shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

You must be a foreigner because this sounds like you don't have a clue about the American sports landscape. Boxing is an individual sport just like the UFC and they don't allow the fighters to decide who and when they fight. That's why they are successful at what they do. UFC is a global sport but it is ran by Americans who make all the decisions. The NFL is a sport where the goal is to inflict physical injury and it is successfully ran by an American company where the players do not have any factor in the decision making process.

That's funny as hell. I was born in America, most likely before you were. And clearly you don't understand sports. The goal of football is to move the ball past the defending goal line, any infliction of injury is a by product, not the goal of the sport. Boxing is a combat sport where the goal is to inflict injury. As far as the UFC goes, read my comment that boxing isn't Gladiator or Django Unchained, hell, that should have been your clue that I'm American, lol.

Also, you are incorrect about the NFL, the player have quite a bit of say in the decision making process.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot, boxers earn more money than UFC fighters....... I wonder why that is, hummm...

Comment

Crawford was probably offered some ownership interest and/or future executive position.
                  AB will help BLK Prime look as legit promoters. AB is Jake Paul's equivalent on social
                  media platform.

AB wanted to be recognized with the same fame and forture as Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

That's funny as hell. I was born in America, most likely before you were. And clearly you don't understand sports. The goal of football is to move the ball past the defending goal line, any infliction of injury is a by product, not the goal of the sport. Boxing is a combat sport where the goal is to inflict injury. As far as the UFC goes, read my comment that boxing isn't Gladiator or Django Unchained, hell, that should have been your clue that I'm American, lol.

Also, you are incorrect about the NFL, the player have quite a bit of say in the decision making process.
                    You my man may have been born in the US but do not understand our sports. I played football basketball boxing on a level 3 steps below the best. I wasn't physically able to hold up against the top tier but I understand the principles. Football has always been a game to kill the QB to crush that teams plan to win the game. You have to actually have played the game when you're 5 yrs old, 9 13 16 21 23 until you realize that's it! If you were born before me you would have been a fan of the steel curtain and the purple people eaters. That was before the QBs and receivers were protected more than the POTUS. You are not American and you keep trying to wedge this gladiator Django wedge in here gives you away. I know you're obsessed with us but that shyte gives you away hahahha

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot, boxers earn more money than UFC fighters....... I wonder why that is, hummm...
                      Again I'm sorry to have to point out your lack of education on the sport.... boxers earn more money because they fought hard to get it...and I mean the black boxers did without help from anyone else....from Jack Johnson to Joe Louis to Ali and then in the 80s with Hagler and Sugar Ray getting so much commercial success. Ufc doesn't have anyone.....wait Conor MacGregor can be the MLK of the Ufc if he wants to buttttttt

Comment

Working...
                      X