Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Falcao Mandatory Title Fight To Be Ordered, Per WBA/IBF Joint Ruling; Lara To Face Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
    Considering that G is 40 and getting closer to retirement, I'd like to see him in more high profile fights than throwaway fights like one against Falcao. That is unless he intends to stay active and fight 3-4 times a year before he calls it a day. But if he plans on fighting once or twice a year against these sort of guys, I think it does nothing to enhance his legacy. Future generations, unless they're boxing enthusiasts, will not look at the context of the Canelo GGG trilogy. History will declare that Canelo was the better man when we in present time know that GGG has at least one victory over Canelo if not two. I love G and want to see his legacy enhanced. Hopefully he becomes undisputed at middleweight before he retires.
    I think people are just trying to save the brand by saying people know GGG won the first fight vs Canelo. Nah, he lost all three. I was a big GGG fan but it is what it is. He outlanded Canelo in the first fight but that doesn't matter when all you are throwing is little arm punches. One Canelo punch in that fight was worth 20 GGG punches because Canelo actually turned his hips into his punches and snapped them, while GGG was just pawing with weak arm punches or fake pulled punches.

And you could tell by looking at the heads of the fighters. When Canelo hit GGG, there was a big splash and GGG's head would snap back. When GGG hit Canelo, Canelo's head didn't even move, and there was no splash most of the time.

GGG 0-3 against Canelo, possibly 0-5 against decent opponents (Jacobs, Derevyanchenko), and even got hurt by the one other decent opponent, a welterweight, Kell Brook.

I thought he was good at the beginning, but he turned out to be like the middleweight version of Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia. People want to save his brand by saying "well everyone knows he beat Canelo in the first fight" but uhh... did he really? I'm not so sure. Would you rather be GGG in that fight, who got hit with like 50 real looking punches, or Canelo, who got hit with maybe 5 real looking punches at most? Quality over quantity. GGG looked old and slow and weak with ineffective punches. He looked like he was throwing arm punches underwater. It was su****ious how bad he looked. At this point I feel Canelo deserved 3-0 vs GGG and Canelo got robbed in the first fight by only getting a draw. People criticize Adalaiyde Byrd for scoring it 118-110 but if she was trying to rob GGG, why would she make it obvious? More likely she saw something ringside, that even though GGG is outlanding Canelo, his punches are just arm punches, they're not effective, whereas Canelo is actually throwing snapping punches that really sting the opponent. On that basis, 116-112 Canelo, maybe even 117-111, is something you can make an argument for. GGG just looked terrible in all three fights vs Canelo. In fact I have never seen Danny Garcia look that bad against anyone. At least Danny Garcia can throw a real punch. Some people were speculating that GGG's body was messed up from the high altitude training, and that he was breathing weird and like drowning in the ring. I dont know, maybe. He was punching like somebody with a drained body, and Canelo was punching like someone who can actually use their body normally and punch, so yeah even if GGG landed five times as more vs Canelo, those punches are meaningless in comparison because they're weak useless punches.

Even Paulie Malignaggi's punches, you can say he has no power, but at least there is velocity and snap in his punches, so when they hit someone, they snap the head back, and land a clean, sharp punch. They might have no KO effect, but you feel those punches smacking you hard and accurate. GGGs punches vs Canelo didn't even have that Paulie Malignaggi force on them. They were just slow, always grazing, weak, no impact punches. It was like the padding was sliding off Canelo's face, or being pulled like a pulled punch, instead of actually smacking into Canelo's face. Nothing but useless punches means you lost, especially when your opponent is hitting you with a couple real nice ones every round.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-18-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Lara weaseled out of the fight.

Fight with Golovkin was ordered by WBA and he let it slipped through his fingers.
      It's now official. Erislandy Lara ducked Gennady Golovkin.

Comment

For once a mandatory fight suited the fans but no they have been robbed again, GGG vs Lara was a fun fight this is why fighters might as well drop the titles how disappointing it's a real shame.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X