Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Falcao Mandatory Title Fight To Be Ordered, Per WBA/IBF Joint Ruling; Lara To Face Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
    Oh no no no no no! We're not going to change our energy mid-flight! We're not gonna let 3G off the hook for fighting another bum. We drag Jermall, Andrade, Tank and other 'certain' fighters names thru the mud but now we wanna be all rational and understanding and chit. Fuq that I'm keeping my energy levels high. If 3G don't fight Lara or Jermall next HE'S A BEYATCH!
    Bro I was the biggest GGG fan at the beginning, but ever since he ducked Ward and anyone else good, and then IMO threw those Canelo fights, I consider him probably the biggest hypejob in the history of boxing, and I criticize him all the time. People who became fans of fighters on seeming merit, only to find out the merit was a lie, have no problem holding those fighters accountable and "keeping the same energy" once they learn the truth, Look at GGG's fanbase, ever since his bullcrap got exposed he cant sell crap to flies, no one is supporting him anymore at all, no one is buying his tickets, no one gives a crap anymore because everyone can see now that it was all smoke and mirrors, and I doubt anyone is going to be supporting any boxers managed by Tom Loeffler, or associated to GGG promotions, or that even reminds us of GGG in any way, in the future.

So IMO you're right about GGG, he is a complete fake, but don't lump in GGG's former fans with fans of Tank and fans of other fighters who will put up with endless bullcrap and still support them. GGG fooled a lot of people in the beginning because you have to admit, he looked really good, and he talked a big game. But he backed up zero of his talk, he lied to the fans many times, and so once we figured it out, we stopped supporting him. You should give us credit for that at least. Whereas fans of Tank and some other fighters, the fighters and their management already admitted flat out to the public that they be ducking, and preventing fans from seeing the best fights, and those fans still support those guys because of skin color or other crap.

That's a different thing completely. GGG fans deserve some flack for being fooled, but those fans already know the truth but they still go along with it even if it's bullcrap and something that should not be supported it.
    ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

The other funny thing is, they have tried to market Israel Madrimov and Janikbek as the next GGG, but neither can sell any tickets! Somehow they haven't figured out yet, no one wants the next GGG! They spoiled that brand for the next 25 years. If that brand was in a grocery store, they didn't just spoil the brand, they spoiled the entire aisle of the grocery store. No one is going even go into a store that carries anything close to the GGG brand without putting on a gas mask and a hasmat suit.

After all that talk of 154 to 175 that was a complete lie, I think the only way he can salvage that brand now is go down to 154, since the 168 and 175 parts were definitely lies in his prime, and KO the Crawford-Spence winner while in his forties at 154. That would create enough buzz that it would definitely rescue his brand with the general public and the casual fans, however, the hardcores have more knowledge and longer memories, and they will always have a sour taste about this guy. "Canelo is a terrible cheater and a liar, I will go to war with him to bring justice!" Runs away all fight "I lost the fight but I won a friendship!" Man get out of here.
      ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Falcao? Who's that, but seems to have a good record. Who did he beat though?

Golovkin will probably knock him out.

Comment

So Lara has a voluntary defense. Will it be Keith Thurman, or DSG @ 155? It should be Jermall Charlo! He hasn't fought since June 2021! MAN UP!

Comment

This or Lara are both equally “meh” fights. Except this guy deserves it much more than Lara who hasn’t done sht in years. A younger, fresher natural middle. Have heard his name a few times. It should be an atleast watchable fight. It’s not David Lemiue’x corpse.

Not much for Golovkin to fight in these twilight years. Eubank/Munguia or maybe Charlo should be his goal before bowing out.
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-18-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

So this guy Falaco likes to fight guys pushing 40 years old check his record..... Nothing really surprises me with announced fights or fights that are said to be announced it is hard to believe much of it so I don't. As far as 3G goes if they push the right guys at him with the exact $$amount then I am sure he will take it. His days are numbered in the ring, just how it goes in boxing once everyone dont even notice announcements about his fights they will set up a real fight and it will end. NO disrespect just the facts of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                Some back room dealing happened for all of this to shake out like this without any protests by Lara's camp. Especially interesting that he's already slotted to fight that stay-busy fight in Minnesota.
                It's indeed very strange. Seems WBA failed to consult with PBC clients when they ordered the Lara vs Golovkin. Turned out that the mandatory order wasn't welcome. There was hardly any comment from them when it was announced. It's funny because as someone mentioned, Lara has been calling out Golovkin for about a decade now and hardly a protest was lodged. And this call out is recent:

Lara: I Want To Fight Both Charlos, GGG - Thurman or Garcia at Catch-Weight

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...-weight​

Same thing with Charlo. He and trainer Shields became silent when they learned GGG is no longer with DAZN and is a free agent. Seems he's no longer interested.

Jermall Charlo's Trainer is Still Hoping For Golovkin vs. Charlo Unification

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...ication​

PBC fighters = Pathetic Boxing Clowns
                SplitSecond SplitSecond likes this.

Comment

This fight is honestly more interesting to me than lara who I am content to never seen fight again. GGG should probably just retire though.

Comment

You never know until the men get in the ring and the bell sounds. But Falcao -- whom many commenters have never heard of -- looks like he's simply not strong enough to be in there with Golovkin. If a fighter can't hit GGG hard enough to back him up, then Golovkin will start coming forward relentlessly, pin the adversary to the ropes, and pound him into submission. And that's true even of the elder GGG and his unfortunate trigger-pulling problems. By the middle and late rounds, he's warmed up and gotten fully into the fight, and that's when the opponent needs a chin like an engine block to stand up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Did Haymon use his ties with the WBA to get Lara out of this fight?

Or did Arum weasel his way into getting Falcao to jump the queue?

Both are possibilities.
                      If you were Arum you would grab the opportunity too. It looks like Lara is not ready for Golovkin so his team passed it on to whoever is interested.

People without biases should be wondering why there was no acknowledgement from the Lara camp when WBA ordered the Golovkin vs Lara. Were they pleased with the news; where they happy, sad, got nervous, what? Why was there zero reaction to the mandatory order?

Comment

Working...
                      X