Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: I'll Be Very Surprised If Usyk Stick To His Word; We'll See What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously? The only man that lies more than Wider is Tyson Fury. Sorry but coming from a notorious fabricator of his own delusional truth means just about, well, nothing.

"I hope he keeps his word" Seriously?

How about this, stop fighting tailor made, 2nd tier stiffs and get in there with Andy Ruiz.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Regardless of your loser comment, the logic would be to send Wilder to the UK vs AJ for MASSIVE money. Usyk brings nothing but the belts. Assuming he can get past the right hand for 36 minutes what does a 37 year older gain in defeat? It's almost like Wilder being beaten by Spilka instead of knocking him out. There is actually more interest in a Wilder vs Joyce. Either Joyce pounds Wilder or Wilder does a Breazeale him. Usky is basically pitty-pat Lomachenko for 12 rounds.
      I'd like to see a Wilder Joyce fight. It would be interesting. Think of the intrigue; can a granite chinned Joyce standup to repeated Wilder power shots; can Wilder, due to his quickness avoid a powerful yet plodding boxer in Joyce?

Comment

Even if Usyk offers him the fight, I'd be surprised if Haymon let the fight go through. There is too much easy money to make facing PBC fighters for Wilder. He is essentially in "rebuilding" mode. The one time Wilder stepped up to fight a real threat, he lost. The long con says he will fight a bunch of PBC fighters for the next year, or so.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Minus the obvious disrespect I agree with you, but it would mean the end of AJ's career and he knows it, so it won't happen.
          That's funny considering that AJ offered Wilder 80 million and Wilder chose instead to fight an overweight, former drug addict and linear champ for peanuts.
          If Wilder's camp wants a fight they need to make an offer, some offer, any offer... but they won't, they'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

Plenty of people have taken Wilder's power. Think about this. Which fight of the Fury v Wilder trilogy was Fury actually healthy?

Fury vs Wilder 2 where Fury took that right hand like nothing.

Most healthy and prepared fighters with a decent chin will be able to survive especially fighters with head movement.
            I would disagree with your assessment. The facts show that Fury is the only man that Wilder has fought and not knocked out. Wilder outboxed Stiverne in their first fight and knocked him out in their second. Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Not only can it not be worse, but it also wouldn't happen. Yes, Usyk out boxes Wilder up to the point Wilder hits him flush and then it is over. With the quickness and power Wilder posseses he beats everyone not named Fury.
              Funny because they said the same thing just before Wilder got blown out by a an overweight boxer and former drug addict.....3 out of 3 times.

Lets see Wilder's quickness, power and fancy footwork against Andy Ruiz and then come back and talk.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                1. Alexander Usyk needs one belt to become undisputed.
                2. Fury beat Wilder 3 times, offers 10 times more money and the only belt Usyk needs to become undisputed heavyweight.

Other than the utter bullshyt "He gave me his word" what does Wilder have to offer?
                This needs repeating...

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  I do think Wilder is a legit threat to Usyk, Wilder is fast and has a lot of Stamina
                  Wilder lots of stamina?

He was completely gassed out in the last 2 Fury fights by the 5th round!

Usyk went 24 rounds with AJ and was still owning him in the 12th of both those fights.

Comment

That's funny considering that AJ offered Wilder 80 million and Wilder chose instead to fight an overweight, former drug addict and linear champ for peanuts.
                    If Wilder's camp wants a fight they need to make an offer, some offer, any offer... but they won't, they'll talk.
                    I remember all the propaganda that Joshua's camp was peddling, and it was all spin. There were a lot of strings attached to their offer and those strings were why there was no fight made. I'm absolutely convinced that Hearn did not actually want Joshus to fight Wilder as he knew Wilder would knock AJ out.

Comment

Funny because they said the same thing just before Wilder got blown out by a an overweight boxer and former drug addict.....3 out of 3 times.

Lets see Wilder's quickness, power and fancy footwork against Andy Ruiz and then come back and talk.
                      Fair enough, but I'm not looking for Wilder to win based on fancy footwork and it would be foolish if I was. Wilder will either stop Ruiz or lose a decision. I believe the odds favor Wilder stopping Ruiz.
                      FlyingFJ FlyingFJ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X