Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: I'll Be Very Surprised If Usyk Stick To His Word; We'll See What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_State501 View Post

Usyk would not avoid that right for 12 rounds. If Fury wasn't 6'9 almost 300lbs then he would have never gotten up. Look at fighters faces after they get caught clean. Wilder has unworldly power and Usyk isn't more athletic than Wilder. Usyk goes to sleep.
    Plenty of people have taken Wilder's power. Think about this. Which fight of the Fury v Wilder trilogy was Fury actually healthy?

Fury vs Wilder 2 where Fury took that right hand like nothing.

Most healthy and prepared fighters with a decent chin will be able to survive especially fighters with head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Athletic has to do with stamina , balance and coordination . Usyk is miles ahead in just about every category . I think Usyk could avoid any punch from Wilder all night long if he wanted until Wilder got dizzy from missing so much which I assume would actually happen if they fought ? You can claim Wilder would win but he has to do it he is not over Usyk in any way beyond power punching which has never dealt Usyk a loss in his entire career .
      Usyk can avoid any punch from Wilder yet couldn’t from old and slow ass Chisora? I think you are day dreaming.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg OldTerry OldTerry like this.

Comment

I'm not sure Wilder can talk about Usyk avoiding him when Usyk has been in the heavyweight divsion for 5 minutes and has more belts than Wilder ever got. Not to mention Wilder just fought a guy who is probably ranked 12-15 in the world. Isn't that "ducking" in itself?

I do think Wilder is a legit threat to Usyk, Wilder is fast and has a lot of Stamina, and Usyk isn't a big hitter. But Usyk won't be the one to duck that fight...

I have to say I was a bit su****ious of that knock out punch against Helenius - I saw it side on and it didn't look like much even then. Wilder spent ages trying to say Fury cheated with his gloves. Just like Fury spent ages trying to say AJ was on PEDs - right before he himself got a drugs ban. Is making me wonder after that punch...

Comment

1. Alexander Usyk needs one belt to become undisputed.
          2. Fury beat Wilder 3 times, offers 10 times more money and the only belt Usyk needs to become undisputed heavyweight.

Other than the utter bullshyt "He gave me his word" what does Wilder have to offer?
          Last edited by factsarenice; 10-17-2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

is wilder back on the delusion train again, as far as i can see usyk mentioned that if he cant get fury he would consider other fights like wilder, if wilder is not careful this he gave me his word narrative will just piss usyk off, if thats what happened that is

Comment

Wilder will connect at some point and will KO Usyk. As I read a lot of comments on this thread I think a lot people forget 2 things. First AJ didn’t let his hands go enough in either fight against Usyk and when he did he had success. Second, I know wilder made a lot of excuses in losing to Fury but the fact is , in the first fight wilder had his best success and nearly won because he came in at his normal fighting weight. In the second and their fight he did something he never did before come in heavy so he could try and handle fury size advantage which he was never going to be able to do. That was a mistake and it cost him. Coming in heavier only made him fatigue faster.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                1. Alexander Usyk needs one belt to become undisputed.
                2. Fury beat Wilder 3 times, offers 10 times more money and the only belt Usyk needs to become undisputed heavyweight.

Other than the utter bullshyt "He gave me his word" what does Wilder have to offer?
                There is no HW division without Wilder
                OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Wilder should fight AJ in a "battle of the losers" clash.
                  Minus the obvious disrespect I agree with you, but it would mean the end of AJ's career and he knows it, so it won't happen.
                  FlyingFJ FlyingFJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

There is no HW division without Wilder
                    thats a sticky quote right there

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

I disagree. Wilder is 37 yrs old. How many more cracks at supremacy will he have? I think if the fight presents itself with a decent payday, no doubt he accepts. The ass whopping can’t be worse than what Fury gave him lol.
                      Not only can it not be worse, but it also wouldn't happen. Yes, Usyk out boxes Wilder up to the point Wilder hits him flush and then it is over. With the quickness and power Wilder posseses he beats everyone not named Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X