Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: I'll Be Very Surprised If Usyk Stick To His Word; We'll See What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

When you are a elite level fighter, who is fighting at domestic or high end European level. Then yes, you can fight quickly after a fight. But this is the standard Fury is held to, he is no held to the same standard as Anthony Joshua even as a Champion.

Joshua & Usyk have just fought two back to back fights at super elite level. 12 round fights.

Tyson Fury's next fight is basically a domestic to high end European Level. Joshua has not fought at this level for a very long time 'Joshua's next fight will still be at World level'.

No disrespect to Chisora, but he is not quite at World level anymore. I don't think he has to wins to prove this. Although yes, he did push Usyk 'And I am still adamant that if he did not fatigue, he would of beaten that version of Usyk'.

But that was then, this is now.

I still don't mind the Chisora fight for Fury. And I do expect Fury to fight twice, before fighting Usyk or for the undisputed title.

Chisora vs Fury III, then maybe Wallin vs Fury II.

They are not bad ticking over fights, and they are intriguing events.

Chisora fought the right style against Usyk. He wasnt afraid to be hit like AJ was acting scared every time Usyk threw. He was ok with eating some shots to land him and he pressured Usyk and closed the distance as Usyk wants his distance to move around and get his angles.

That said Chisora ancient now and not that high up the totem pole, he just fought a strategically smarter fight against Usyk than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

Yeah Fury is Wilder's first quality opponent. Stiverne is not good.
      Luis Ortiz wasn't too bad either, but that's beside the point as Fury beats Jushua more easily than he beat Wilder.

Comment

Wilder's hoping for a quick way to get back into championship status by taking Usyk's belts. But Usyk has nothing to gain in fighting Wilder. And even if Deontay did fight Oleksandr and somehow became unified champ, would he dare fight Fury again for the undisputed title?

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

The problem I have with this theory of Usyk avoiding punches is that it’s just not realistic. Has he avoided being hit in any of his Heavyweight fights? Chrisora landed some good ones on him and his face was wrecked from AJ. Even Floyd/Whitaker couldn’t avoid getting hit for 12rds and you telling me Usyk will? He won’t be able to lean on Wilder like Fury did either. There is just no way he can avoid being hit as I consider Fury the slickest HW in the division and even he got hit by Wilder. Wilder took a brutal beating from a 6’7 280lb Fury before the fight was called off and he still wanted to continue. Usyk has won all his HW fights by decision does he have enough power to keep Wilder off of him?
          The entire thought process that everyone avoids getting hit is nonsensical as it is every fighter gets knocked out as soon as there hit so the discussion isn’t worth getting into . Usyks a high level operator ,he’s not going to fold so easy no matter who hits him ,the other thing is he can hit back ? The forum continues to to live in la la land and it’s what I said before Wilder fought Fury ,it’s like everyone ignores Wilders opponents are allowed to punch him back ? Usyk is more than capable of stopping Wilder ,in fact I’d bet on it before the other way around .

Fury is more hittable and leaves holes with much more loopy punches where an aggressive fighter would get to him more than Usyk that’s just not a debate .

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            Wilder's hoping for a quick way to get back into championship status by taking Usyk's belts. But Usyk has nothing to gain in fighting Wilder. And even if Deontay did fight Oleksandr and somehow became unified champ, would he dare fight Fury again for the undisputed title?
            Usyk can force a mandatory spot in the WBC .

Comment

Working...
            X