No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "I Wasn't Impressed By Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe_black View Post
    He's a big man when compared to both Mayweather and Pacquiao. These two wannabes have been ducking him since time immemorial. Why is he a hypocrite? Because he wants to fight them both, yet they don't have the balls to face him?
    Mayweather will fight him, just wait and see! i just hope its sooner rather than later!

Comment

• Before Shane stole the mic from Floyd during the interview, Floyd was saying he's letting GBP hansdle he's next fight. He also pointed at Mosley and said "I ain't scared of you". Hopkins and Mosley acted like asses. They are partners at GBP so they know what time it is. The Mosley fight will happen but it should happen after Floyd takes the winner of Pac vs Cotto. In the mean time Mosley should fight Berto so that he stays in shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta View Post
        I think JMM is one of the better fighters on Floyd's resume as it looks actually. I viewed him as a lot more skilled than Baldomir. The problem was he had to fight a guy who didn't bother to make the weight. Hell, that is something that Castillo is broke for and he doesn't have the money that Mayweather does. That isn't right to me at all. If you are going to destroy a guy's career for it, don't let another guy off the hook for doing it against a smaller guy. It was a classless thing to do on Floyd's part.
        Castillo weighed 147 pounds when he fought Floyd the second
        time at Lightweight and Floyd beat him more convincingly than
        he did the first time. I think weight played some what of a
        factor but Floyd is just better than JMM.

Comment

The thing is Floyd don't have the size advantage over Mosley like he did with Hatton and JMM. On top of that, when Floyd's fans point out Winky and Forrest, they fail to mention they were bigger than Mosley.
          Shane and Floyd are about the same size. Floyd is 5 feet 8 inches
          and Shane is 5 feet 9 inches, so that is a 1 inch difference AND
          now that Floyd is settled in WW for sure, Shane will not be out
          weighing Floyd in the ring SO now you have to take into consideration
          that Floyd is in better shape to go 12 rds then Shane is AND Floyd
          defensive and foot work game is close to flawless along with his
          counter punching ability. Tell me, why should Floyd be scared of
          Mosley when Shane went 12rds with a injured Collazo and got
          out boxed by Cotto who is not known for being that great of
          a boxer but a puncher? I think many are reaching thinking Floyd
          is scared of Shane. Shane has not had much success against
          fighters that can box and work the ring.

Comment

You're right about that for the most part, but I'm referring to these posts that use Winky and Forrest as a measuring stick of how Floyd would do against Mosley. That's not something to go by because those guys imposed their will on him more so than outboxing him. And like I said, I thought Shane beat Cotto in a close fight.
            Forrest imposed his will on Mosley but Wright out boxed Mosley
            using the jab and Floyd has a good jab. I see Mosley/Mayweather
            being an entertaining 24/7 and fight but I dont see Mosley being
            able to handle Floyd or pin him down like he did Margarito. Shane
            is fast only against fighters slower than him. I think Floyd is faster
            than Mosley and more elusive and precise.

Comment

• Mosley IS 100% correct! To be the best, first one has to be the best in his division otherwise keep your mouth shut. or if he wants to fight smaller guys, then he should at least go down in weight, instead of making the smller guy come up in weight!

Comment

• Originally posted by zzat View Post
                Before Shane stole the mic from Floyd during the interview, Floyd was saying he's letting GBP hansdle he's next fight. He also pointed at Mosley and said "I ain't scared of you". Hopkins and Mosley acted like asses. They are partners at GBP so they know what time it is. The Mosley fight will happen but it should happen after Floyd takes the winner of Pac vs Cotto. In the mean time Mosley should fight Berto so that he stays in shape.
                Agreed - this is the best scenario. Mayweather will most likely beat either Pac or Cotto. Shane should handle his business and pick up another strap. That should set up a fight for the WW title.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  There has been a lot of talk about the post-fight incident between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley. After Mayweather's win over Juan Manuel Marquez last Saturday in Las Vegas, Mosley entered the ring and had a war of words with Mayweather on the live HBO pay-per-view broadcast. [details]
                  The mayweathers are GAYWEATHERS
                  make your animated sig at www.pacman-vs-cotto.yolasite.com

Comment

The thing is Floyd don't have the size advantage over Mosley like he did with Hatton and JMM. On top of that, when Floyd's fans point out Winky and Forrest, they fail to mention they were bigger than Mosley.
                    Size advantage will have nothing to do with it... People just like using that because Pac gets bigger guys to drop down to meet with him as if that is some kind of warrior spirit.

Yes Pac beat a WARRIOR/LEGEND in Hoya that night. lol right...............gtfoh

Mayweather's skills would beat Mosley let alone little boy Pac. Shane had a better chance at beating PBF a few years ago but took the dentist appointment instead. I like Shane and PAC, I hope PBF and Mosley DO fight. I just know Mosley will be considered old and shot after the fact. pac would be considered too small/too slow/ etc etc after the fact.

Pac's no WW and EVERYONE will make that apparent after the fact. Its only after the fact. Suits peoples agendas and allows them to justify WHY Mayweather would win, refusing to realize that its plane and simple. Yes, Mayweather is just that good and unless your PWILL/6footish or a MW you have a very SLIM chance at beating Mayweather's skills/style. Mayweather's a REAL WW and size wont be a factor unless of course your PWILL who I think has moved up anyway.

So at the end of the day size wont matter and Mosley loses by UD to a much more exciting fight than that of the JMM.
                    Last edited by WESS; 09-23-2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Size advantage will have nothing to do with it... People just like using that because Pac gets bigger guys to drop down to meet with him as if that is some kind of warrior spirit.

Yes Pac beat a WARRIOR/LEGEND in Hoya that night. lol right...............gtfoh

Mayweather's skills would beat Mosley let alone little boy Pac. Shane had a better chance at beating PBF a few years ago but took the dentist appointment instead. I like Shane and PAC, I hope PBF and Mosley DO fight. I just know Mosley will be considered old and shot after the fact. pac would be considered too small/too slow/ etc etc after the fact.

Pac's no WW and EVERYONE will make that apparent after the fact. Its only after the fact. Suits peoples agendas and allows them to justify WHY Mayweather would win, refusing to realize that its plane and simple. Yes, Mayweather is just that good and unless your PWILL/6footish or a MW you have a very SLIM chance at beating Mayweather's skills/style. Mayweather's a REAL WW and size wont be a factor unless of course your PWILL who I think has moved up anyway.

So at the end of the day size wont matter and Mosley loses by UD to a much more exciting fight than that of the JMM.
                      Co-sign. You're dead on with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X