Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell-Aidos Yerbossynuly Lands On November 5 Showtime Card From The Armory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

Because the WBA is trash and because it's a lot easier to enforce a mandatory on or strip Morrell than it is Canelo.​

I'm not even sure Morrell ever called out Benavidez or talked trash about him by the way. In fact I remember interviews of him on a yt channel dedicated to latino fighters - before the bscene articles - he was asked about Benavidez and he didn't say a bad word about him, only that he would like to fight him in the future. The opposite of what we've read here basically.
    I find this more meaningful than articles where often a promoter or manager is the one doing all that corny shyt talking to sell a few more tickets and not the fighter.
    I mean whether it was the manager talking for him or not he gave the ok.

https://www.boxingscene.com/david-mo...-*****--166499

The link is broken because his managers probably requested it to be removed but it was on here.
    Last edited by Kannabis Kid; 10-05-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      I mean whether it was the manager talking for him or not he gave the ok.

https://www.boxingscene.com/david-mo...-*****--166499

The link is broken because his managers probably requested it to be removed but it was on here.
      Not necessarily. You hire a manager to help you with your career. Either you trust him and let him do the job he's paid for or you don't and you stop working with him.

I've seen the articles, but like I said they don't match what he's been saying in different interviews, at least those I've seen.

Comment

They should make Banana fight Corn Flake. I think they fight around the same weight. It would be a delicious fight.

Comment

Morrell gonna regret ducking the Benavidez payday and losing to canelo's sparring partner.

Comment

Glad to see Morrell back in action! OK Ronnie Shields, where's Jermall Charlo?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Glad to see Morrell back in action! OK Ronnie Shields, where's Jermall Charlo?
              Jermall Charlo has Psychological, and legal issue's to contend with right now, not to mention his wife putting him on full blast on social media.
              I mean both of these brothers are always angry when they are in front of the camera's, it's really unfortunate because they are gifted fighter's.
              It's really unfortunate that Jermall is getting into all of these legal situation's, and even worse that his wife has decided to go public with their personal live's.
              Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

David Morrell is a damn good fighter, but him calling out David Benavidez, blew up right in his face, I hope that Benavidez teaches him a lesson.
                He was down right disrespectful in his comment's, and when his bluff was called acted like the ***** he said he would make out of Benavidez.
                That said I do think that those two fighting against each other would be a brutal battle, until Benavidez wore him down, or Morrell landed a haymaker.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
                  This coward Morrell turned down the David Benavidez fight to instead fight this unknown bum smh and he wants to be called a “champion” rofl
                  How can you with any confidence call this guy a bum? Unknown/not the fight the fans want is an absolutely fair shout, but why embellish and say the guy's useless when he clearly isn't. He knocked out Lennox Allen, which Morrell didn't do. You haven't heard of him, sure. He's not Benavidez, Charlo or Plant, fair. But a bum just because he's not North American? Bit ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

Not necessarily. You hire a manager to help you with your career. Either you trust him and let him do the job he's paid for or you don't and you stop working with him.

I've seen the articles, but like I said they don't match what he's been saying in different interviews, at least those I've seen.
                    I've seen interviews of Morrell he is very cocky and before his team backtracked they were all for a Benavidez fight until Benavidez responded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      I've seen interviews of Morrell he is very cocky and before his team backtracked they were all for a Benavidez fight until Benavidez responded.
                      Maybe but there's a difference between being cocky and insulting someone, and I bet the insults towards Benavidez that have been reported on here and attributed to Morrell were nowhere to be found in the interviews you've seen of him.

His handlers did the talking and either got cold feet when Benavidez's dad reached out to them or maybe they just listened to Shields who said he would like Morrell to have a few more fights before taking on Benavidez. His team made him look bad anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X