Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Secures Dominant Decision Over Robson Conceicao, Titles Remain Vacant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Secures Dominant Decision Over Robson Conceicao, Titles Remain Vacant

By Keith Idec - NEWARK, New Jersey - Shakur Stevenson didn't defend his 130-pound championships Friday night, but he battered Robson Conceicao for most of their 12-round fight to ensure Conceicao couldn't win those two titles, either.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 09-24-2022, 09:59 AM.

Top junior lightweight Shakur Stevenson will return in the main event against Brazilian standout Robson Conceicao this Friday, Sept. 23 at 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+. The event takes place at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. (photos by Mikey Williams)

The WBC, WBO super featherweight titles will only be at stake for Conceicao - after Stevenson failed to make weight on Thursday and was forced to vacate his belts.

Newark native Stevenson (18-0, 9 KO) returns to fight in his hometown against 2016 Brazilian Olympic Gold Medalist Robson Conceicao (17-1, 8 KO).

In the eight-round lightweight co-feature, Tokyo 2020 U.S. Olympic silver medalist Keyshawn Davis (5-0, 4 KO) returns to the ring against Mexican veteran Omar Tienda (25-5, 18 KO).

Comment

I like Friday night fights …..
      edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Nice card , let’s goo wish my boy Omar was still fighting tonight

Comment

The one thing about Shakur fighting on ESPN is the commentary team. With Ward and Bradley commentating, it's going be ridiculously biased in favor of Shakur. Ward is Shakur's biggest cheerleader and Bradley is always cheerleading one guy. So I'm debating to watch it without commentary. I wish I knew how to watch the Sky Sports version.

Comment

Two good fights to start the show tonight TopRank with it's excellent Matchmaking once again

Comment

Good action in the last round

Comment

Tucker has a lot of potential

Comment

Tucker is just on a different level. Completely outclassing Sanchez.

Comment

I'm having doubts about Tucker's power, as easily and cleanly as he's hitting Sanchez, Tucker should be doing a lot more damage.

He should have been able to set a trap and walk Sanchez into a ko shot.

Tucker has a lot of skill as seems to be able to land any kind of shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X