Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Golovkin's Performance Against Canelo: "Has His Skills Eroded? I Think The Answer Is Yes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum On Golovkin's Performance Against Canelo: "Has His Skills Eroded? I Think The Answer Is Yes"

Before Gennadiy Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez swapped fists in the center of the ring this past weekend, Bob Arum had a hunch that the current unified middleweight champion was in over his head. Although both Alvarez and Golovkin fought 24 competitive rounds against one another in years past, the Mexican star proved to be several steps ahead of his 40-year-old foe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GGG made 30 million this past weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      GGG made 30 million this past weekend ?
      how did that happen? according to half the posters he's a shitty hype job - not bad for a hype job

Comment

Sounds to me like Bob don't want GGG to nick Janibek's title lol. Shame as that would be huge domestic fight in Kazakhstan and if Golovkin were to lose it would be like a handing over of the baton.

Comment

His athleticism and his will, a little. His skills are intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post
            Sounds to me like Bob don't want GGG to nick Janibek's title lol. Shame as that would be huge domestic fight in Kazakhstan and if Golovkin were to lose it would be like a handing over of the baton.
            Could happen.

Arum in all fairness knows a bit about the ageing process

Comment

A lot of your offense is off the table if you haven’t got the quickness to make it work anymore

Comment

He’s 40+ years old and had a combined 400 amateur and professional fights…the training, the sparring, the fighting, the weight cutting after doing this for 30 years has finally caught up to him.
                He’s a tremendous sportsman, phenomenal fighter but he should not be fighting.
                He won amateur championships, Olympic gold medals, abd multiple world championships and made over 50 million just from the 3 canelo fights.
                Retire, enjoy your money and your family.

Comment

He’s 40+ years old and had a combined 400 amateur and professional fights…the training, the sparring, the fighting, the weight cutting after doing this for 30 years has finally caught up to him.
                  He’s a tremendous sportsman, phenomenal fighter but he should not be fighting.
                  He won amateur championships, Olympic gold medals, abd multiple world championships and made over 50 million just from the 3 canelo fights.
                  Retire, enjoy your money and your family.
                  Bro. Steve Bro. Steve likes this.

Comment

I’d like to see Golovkin put away his gloves and focus on his wife and kids. He’s got plenty in the bank. The trick is to get the fighting ego to shrink back to normal citizen size so he can be content with a normal life. Not everyone can do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X