No announcement yet.

the myth of 'canelo the power puncher'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

I agree they do make a difference, my point was its not much, I was more looking at what gloves vs no gloves do in fighting, as in the video I showed the no glove would break a guy to bits for reasons you stated, the glove will disconnect the brain because of the large distribution of force to the skull that bounces the brain to sleep. Im dont disagree with you, only the original guy placed a lot of emphasis on the gloves, I feel they have little to do with his power and Canelos weight gain and maturity as a fighter is behind it, and his mental frame was that of the terminator. All good.
    Oh yeah. I see what you are saying. Agree. A guy who has KO power should be able to KO someone using any type of glove. Honestly, if a guy can't KO someone with the most protective gloves, he's probably not going to with a "puncher's glove." IMO. Like you alluded to above, the gloves where the knuckles go through seem to cutup faces better but don't make too much of a difference in getting KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

GGG would never give a guy like Plant a chance to embarrass him.
      How many time GGG fought pure boxers? Zero.

Canelo fought Trout, Lara, Plant and Saunders.

GGGeezer's purest boxer opponent was Canelo's himself in the first fight and gave him clean punching therapy.
      BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post

what elite boxers have he ever ko'd?
        A lot of the elite fighters ducked him. That's the problem. But I can name some top 10 boxers that he demolished. Grzegorz Proksa is one such boxer. Macklin was a top five at the time. Really, he should have won against Felix Sturm and he was beating Sergio Martinez until the 11th round. Either way, he suffered his first KO against Golovkin.

And he's dropped everyone else at least once, aside from Canelo. And aside from Canelo's early career, when he was stunned by Miguel Cotto's brother, Golovkin hurt Canelo in the second fight. That's something we still haven't seen repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

GGGeezer's purest boxer opponent was Canelo's himself in the first fight and gave him clean punching therapy.
          No Nelo, No life sums up GGGeezers resume

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

Jacobs is pretty much a pure boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Jacobs is pretty much a pure boxer.
              He is boxer-puncher dumb.

How many times GGG fought pure out-boxer? Like Lara, Saunders, Andrade, Plant etc.. Zero lmfao..

He fought only slugger bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

LOL! WAR ROOM! You outdo yourself man. I hope that gif goes viral. It deserves to.
                They make it too easy!

I do appreciate that. We'll see how it goes lol, I'll take a like here in the meantime.

Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X