Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Rodriguez-Gary Antonio Russell Rematch To Land On Wilder-Helenius Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

It say in the article that it’s slated for the PPV portion. Probably the second bout with Rodriguez-Russell opening the card & Plant-Dirrell in the co.
    I see. Good card, I'll stay up for it even though it'll be silly o'clock over here across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Matias versus Ponce should should turn out to be the most electrifying fight on the whole card, ending with a stunning knockout of Ponce by Matias.
      Matias is a fighting dynamo in the 140 pound division, who'll become the IBF Champion on 10/15/2022, and will then defend it against the best in the division.
      His immense punching power, sturdy chin, and steam roller like will lead him to a great championship reign, with many memorable victories yet to come.
      Matias may very well win, but it is unlikely he will fight anyone any good anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Love the fight. Ponce was great against Ritson, and I haven't got to see much of Matias yet. Hope it delivers
        I'm going to have to look at some Jeremias Ponce fights, because I haven't seen this guy fight, except for short highlights on youtube.
        Now! Matias is a real killer in the ring, having knocked out every fighter whom he's fought including the only fighter to have beaten him by controversial unanimous decision.
        That particular fighter Petros Ananyan, may never fight again after being brutally stopped in the 9th round, his corner not allowing him out for the start of the 10th.
        I checked out Ponce's fight against Ritson, who was lucky to make it out of the first round, although Ritson had faced much better opposition going into their fight.
        Ponce really laid into Ritson from the very first round, if he comes looking for it (the knockout) against Matias he'll get it, but he'll be the one getting knocked out.
        I will say that Ponce looks to be a real power puncher, and I would like to see Matias utilize his defense more than he does in his fights, other than that he's the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post

Matias may very well win, but it is unlikely he will fight anyone any good anytime soon.
          He's already beaten three undefeated fighters, and all by knockout that includes the only fighter to have beaten him via controversial unanimous decision.
          If he beats Jeremias Ponce for the 140 pound IBF Championship, we can all expect him taking on the best the division has to offer.
          So I'm looking forward to all of that happening in the near future, because Matias can be a superstar waiting to break out into the mainstream of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Matias versus Ponce should should turn out to be the most electrifying fight on the whole card, ending with a stunning knockout of Ponce by Matias.
            Matias is a fighting dynamo in the 140 pound division, who'll become the IBF Champion on 10/15/2022, and will then defend it against the best in the division.
            His immense punching power, sturdy chin, and steam roller like will lead him to a great championship reign, with many memorable victories yet to come.
            I really enjoy watching Matias fight. The man’s a machine and the dark horse of the division. His name never gets mentioned by these other fighters and we all know why. He’s like a bigger version of Aaron Pryor, but just not as fast as him.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

I really enjoy watching Matias fight. The man’s a machine and the dark horse of the division. His name never gets mentioned by these other fighters and we all know why. He’s like a bigger version of Aaron Pryor, but just not as fast as him.
              Man you mentioned one of the all time greats the Aaron 'Hawk' Pryor, lets not forget another great that went by that ring moniker Julian 'The Hawk' Jackson.
              Two of the most murderous punchers in boxing history, and out of respect for another all time great this list wouldn't be complete without mentioning
              Gerardo 'Kid Gavilan' Gonzalez, who wasn't much of a puncher.
              If Subriel 'Browny' Matias can come close to reaching any of those great fighters achievements, we're in for a hell of a ride watching his career take off.

Comment

Working...
              X