Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Moran Dominates Dutchover, Wins Decision To Reach ProBox TV Tournament Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
    Fernandez doing better then I thought he would just proves exactly what Paulie Malignaggi was saying in the ProBox TV podcast. If fighters get full camps and consistent fights they can get a lot more out of their talents.

To many part time boxers in boxing
    Very true. In the first fight, the opponent Taala was game and you could see he had some potential. He's 1-2 now and will probably always be an opponent..

If you can't sell tickets or you don't have promoter behind you, you will be behind the eight ball with unfavorable matchups, fighting up in weight and having poor camps. Even if you do well come fight night, you probably have the judges against you too.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Probably Middleweight or Super Featherweight. Middleweight needs some new blood and Super Featherweight would have plenty of unsigned talent from 126-130
    I could see a guy like Vaughn Alexander doing real well in a tournament like this. Super featherweight has quite a few lovable losers.
    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardi
    replied
    2-1 Kendo but Fernandez just might be able to pull off a major upset. Dude has a couple loses to boxers with losing records

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    2-1 Kendo. Castaneda slowed down a bit and Fernandez landed more consistent. Some swelling and redness on his left eye.

Strange to see Kendo as a favorite in a fight, I think every other time I saw him fight he was the opponent.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardi
    replied
    Fernandez doing better then I thought he would just proves exactly what Paulie Malignaggi was saying in the ProBox TV podcast. If fighters get full camps and consistent fights they can get a lot more out of their talents.

To many part time boxers in boxing

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    2-0 Kendo. He's usually first and he's landing combinations.

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    1-0 Castaneda. Not a whole lot but Kendo landed some decent shots at the end. Surprised Kendo isn't wearing the FedEx colors this fight.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

What divisions would you like to see?
    Probably Middleweight or Super Featherweight. Middleweight needs some new blood and Super Featherweight would have plenty of unsigned talent from 126-130

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

What divisions would you like to see?
    This Last Chance Tournament reminds me of the old ESPN Boxino tournaments. I think you'd have to find weight classes that have fringe contenders not under contract with the big promotions (GBP, Matchroom, Top Rank, PBC).

Leave a comment:

• Ricardi
    replied
    Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Welcome to the thread my friend. I was hoping you would stop by as a fellow purist fight fan.

Agree about Moran. I'd rather him about the same (once a B and probably a B- now), Castaneda a C+ and Dutchover a C.
    Always enjoy your takes man , you know your boxing and know how to disagree won't having to go to insults lol

I pretty much see it the same , I'd be surprised if that other dude Joseph Fernandez makes it out the 3rd round lol . Wish they would've got someone like Darwin Price dude needs to get an opportunity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X