Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benn: Thurman May As Well Retire; Can't Blame Him For Not Wanting To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Benn could get Thermos in the ring, all he'd have to do is target the body for a few rounds... match over.
    And BTW, for the life of me, I don't know why ALL of thermos opponents haven't done that since the Collazo fight.
    His weak body is right there for the taking. Oh well, I suppose stranger things have happened.
    Big fan17 Big fan17 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

One of the complaints is, the ref will let the hometown hero soldier on through a helllacious beating. Warrington, Mitchell, and others. The corner throws in the towel, and the ref throws it back out. The quick stop is for the imports.
      Yeah, I thought you were talking more about scorecards, but I’d probably agree with that actually.

Even happens when both are UK-based, see Froch vs Groves 1

Comment

Unfortunately these are the consequences of who you sign with! It is what it is! I understand the "Paper Chase," but I would rather see Conor Benn vs. Montana Love, than Benn vs. Eubank Jr, if I'm training Benn. Going up and down in weight didn't work for Brook!

Comment

Benn is becoming arrgant his only beaten old fighters who where not that good in their prime. His really not got much to offer Thurman. Benn take on Ennis and lets see whose the best prospect but Hearn won't risk that.

Comment

Thurman boxes like a retired fighter, lol. He isn't going to participate in any eliminator bouts for contention - for the most part. He won't make his presence known or get in the ring, unless a title (and major money/fame) is at stake.
            Last edited by Lefty0616; 08-05-2022, 03:19 PM.
            paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

I like Benn's honesty. He knows these guys are not scared. And he knows he's not the most attractive proposition for these guys either. But you can't blame him for naming these guys, as he wants to move up the pecking order. Just like Ennis. He wants these guys also. He mentions these guys too. Is that right or wrong? It's right. Because he also has to prove himself and go after those names to try to move up the pecking order. And exact same for Ortiz jr. So, three talents all in a similar position, all trying to move up, all trying to get a shot, all trying to get the big names, and none off them afraid to mention these guys. And yet remarkably ( by the posters in this forum) two off them get praised for doing so, and recognised as wanting all the smoke, and one gets persecuted with nonsensical over the top criticism for doing, and wanting the exact same things. Lmao talk about pathetic double standards

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                He should call out Jaron Ennis and Vergil Ortiz, not an old past prime Thurman.
                And they should call out Benn. I believe Ennis has called out that very same Thurman also.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

Top prospects rarely call eachother nowadays, the path to go towards a shot at the championship is to fight ex-champions. Have Jaron Ennis and Vergil Ortiz call eachother out?
                  Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Unfortunately these are the consequences of who you sign with! It is what it is! I understand the "Paper Chase," but I would rather see Conor Benn vs. Montana Love, than Benn vs. Eubank Jr, if I'm training Benn. Going up and down in weight didn't work for Brook!
                    I agree with you. But beating Eubank will do more for his career than beating love. Love hasn't done enough. But it's a good test. Eubank is a more tried and tested fighter at a higher level. But a massive risk because of the weight. I'm not in favour of this match up. It's being done out of a serious lack of options. If Benn could be matched against Thurman or Garcia, they wouldn't even be considering this. But we know he won't get those fights, so this is a left field move. Same as trying to get Ramirez. It's a thinking outside the box situation, because he can't get a big name at 147. And Love isn't established enough and is also a 140lbr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                      Benn is becoming arrgant his only beaten old fighters who where not that good in their prime. His really not got much to offer Thurman. Benn take on Ennis and lets see whose the best prospect but Hearn won't risk that.
                      So by your logic, Ennis is also becoming arrogant. He's only beaten old fighters not in their prime, and he too has called out Thurman. Ennis has nothing to offer Thurman either. And I don't see Ennis people trying to make a fight with Benn. Maybe they don't want to risk it either.

Comment

Working...
                      X