Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Vergil Ortiz, Michael McKinson - Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Vergil Ortiz, Michael McKinson - Face To Face at Final Presser

Ortiz, McKinson Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - Golden Boy's knockout sensation and the pride of Grand Prairie, Texas, Vergil Ortiz, Jr. (18-0, 18 KOs), and top 10 ranked, undefeated welterweight contender Michael "The Problem" McKinson (22-0, 2 KOs) of Portsmouth, Great Britain hosted a press conference to discuss their upcoming fight on Saturday, August 6 at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas that will stream live worldwide, exclusively on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

McKinson has no chance, Vergil will murder him!

Comment

I’m hoping Mo Hooker beat this Corn on the Cobb a(Ss)! He just to fake an flamboyant 4 me.

Comment

McKinson seems like he has some decent skill, but with only 2 ko's in 22 fights, not much of a puncher obviously.

Still; had enough to keep all the other opponents off him, but doubtful he has enough sting on the punches to prevent Ortiz from walking through him.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          McKinson seems like he has some decent skill, but with only 2 ko's in 22 fights, not much of a puncher obviously.

Still; had enough to keep all the other opponents off him, but doubtful he has enough sting on the punches to prevent Ortiz from walking through him.
          I don't know, his last 4 fights he's had his opponents down a total of 6 times and he isn't exactly the type searching for KDs/Kayos so if Ortiz forces him into that type of fight people might be in for a surprise his "record" is deceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
            I’m hoping Mo Hooker beat this Corn on the Cobb a(Ss)! He just to fake an flamboyant 4 me.
            Yeah, but at least he's entertaining. Mo Hooker is so boring. He's technically better than Cobb but Hooker will find a way to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

I don't know, his last 4 fights he's had his opponents down a total of 6 times and he isn't exactly the type searching for KDs/Kayos so if Ortiz forces him into that type of fight people might be in for a surprise his "record" is deceptive.
              I've see some boxers with a low KO rate that have some pop but I guess a number of them are so protective/defensive or just measured and don't go for a KO and stay within their envelope. One fighter who fits the stay within their envelope who has a low KO percent yet clearly has power is Arnold Barbosa whose 27-0 10 KO's record sounds like he is a very light punching but he is anything but that. But yeah, interesting that McKinson has had recent opponents hit the deck. Maybe part due to his style or part due to opponents thinking he can't hurt a fly and they get caught. Or maybe he would have more KO's if he came forward and put something more behind his punches. And then there are guys with almost all KO's who couldn't put a dent in opponents when they stepped up in class.
              Last edited by richardt; 08-05-2022, 09:19 AM.
              Boro Boro likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X