Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Whoever Wins Between Gervonta and I Becomes The Face Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Whoever Wins Between Gervonta and I Becomes The Face Of Boxing

Ryan Garcia is convinced that a win over Gervonta Davis will make him boxing's biggest ambassador, whether or not there is a belt at stake. Garcia, the 23-year-old lightweight from Victorville, California, called out Baltimore puncher Davis, 27, after he scored a sixth-round stoppage of Javier Fortuna at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ryan just needs to go away.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Boy, u talking like a champ, I like that. But the problem is , if you stop boxing today, your career would be forgotten. You have done nothing in this game to be considered a success. Grab a recognised belt first, I know you want the money and fame, get it boy!!!. Along the way homeboy, grab a belt. Boxing is still a sport with rich history and you without a recognised belt means you are simply going to be remembered "That boy Ryan , he talked like a champ but was a never a Champ".
      Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

That would imply that Davis is the face of boxing. He's not at that stage, but could get there.

What limits Davis is he can probably only fight up to 140 lbs.
        ​​
        Ryan is very marketable and talented, but not sure how good or great he can be. He hasn't beaten anyone that is great but he's still young.

The face of boxing today, is it still Canelo after his defeat, or is it Tyson Fury who is sorta retired but not and would only come back once or twice more?

I don't know, there are other fine fighters like Crawford but they dont know how to promote themselves the way Mayweather did. Who can take over boxing, maybe Stevenson and Ennis. The heavyweight picture doesn't look good.

Comment

Obsessed with beating Tank because he's so much smaller than him. Where is all this bravery toward Haney or Stevenson?
          Boxviewer Boxviewer labaria labaria like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Obsessed with beating Tank because he's so much smaller than him. Where is all this bravery toward Haney or Stevenson?
            Having confidence is one thing, but being delusional is quite another. The kid has good looks, has knockout power, and is media savvy, but he lacks any sense of perspective and is becoming an off-putting narcissist. One more thing, he does not appear to be very bright when he spouts nonsense such as: "I know I’m actually closer than I think". If you know you are closer, how in the hhell can you think that you are not closer?

Comment

why is it that every division where there are american champs automatically becomes 'the best division'. these guys like tank, garcia arent even that good in a p4p sense, why does beating tank make you the face of boxing what the hell has he done himself. tank and garcia are just run of the mill fighters, plenty of fighters like that in every other division

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                That would imply that Davis is the face of boxing. He's not at that stage, but could get there.

What limits Davis is he can probably only fight up to 140 lbs.
                ​​
                Ryan is very marketable and talented, but not sure how good or great he can be. He hasn't beaten anyone that is great but he's still young.

The face of boxing today, is it still Canelo after his defeat, or is it Tyson Fury who is sorta retired but not and would only come back once or twice more?

I don't know, there are other fine fighters like Crawford but they dont know how to promote themselves the way Mayweather did. Who can take over boxing, maybe Stevenson and Ennis. The heavyweight picture doesn't look good.
                Tank Davis will never be the face of boxing, not even if he completely cleans out the LW and JWW classes. He simply lacks the look and charisma to be that big of a star.
                Luilun Luilun likes this.

Comment

Good laugh this morning.... Beating Davis does not make you the face of Boxing.
                  SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Annoying, like Teo calling-out Vasily without a title.
                    BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X