Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chamberlain Expects Wilder To Bounce Back Strong: He's Better Than What People Think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    Dillian Whyte will never be champion just remember that.
    Who is Whyte supposed to be favored against to become champion weirdo ?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Who is Whyte supposed to be favored against to become champion weirdo ?
      Absolutely nobody that's the funny part.

Comment

Well Whyte has a true knockout win over Chisora it’s safe to say Whyte is still a top level fighter fighters like even Joe Louis got pummeled way worse then came back and won . We don’t know if Wilder is actually better then a Whyte basing off 3 tries he had against Fury Id say Whyte has decent odds if he went in that fight after 2 bad knockout losses Wilder accumulated .

Is Fury better then Klitschko really ? Not sure you can base that off one fight either considering hardly any punches were thrown . We do know Klitschko usually doesn’t lose 2 fights in a row only A.J has been able to do that to him .

Rankings have just about always been commercial value . Foreman took a loss to Morrison only to come back his next fight and fight Moorer for the title etc . There’s countless examples in boxing history not just this one .

Overall the division is very strong those who discredit it have an agenda that’s the only way I can see it placing fighters isn’t that hard we know Fury , A.J and Usyk currently are the top dogs . After them you look at who’s winning more ,who hasn’t lost yet and how close is someone to losing or struggling against certain opponents . It’s all subjective but outside resumes I see the top guys as Hrgovic and Joyce outside the top 3 . Anyone outside those top 5 I named here will be an extreme handful fir everyone .

Wouldn’t say I have an agenda re: the HW division necessarily. I still watch it, and like the fights, largely, just that I think there needs to be far more of them, and the fighters need to face each other.

I like Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post

The jab's always been there and the game plan is the money shot. Or maybe you don't watch Canelo, Terence, Jermell, etc.

These casuals, man..
          Lol..”the jab has always been there”? Maybe for the first rd or two..then its back to nothing but trying to land the money shot with NO jab to set it up. Don’t know what Wilder fights you been watching…the 1st Stiverne fight i guess. Like all the insiders/writers/commentators state - Wilder has an excellent jab but fell in love with his right hand power. Casuals…
          Last edited by IRONCHINHAGLER; 07-20-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            Absolutely nobody that's the funny part.
            Yea that applies to about 95% of the fighters where only a select few will hold a title the funny part is it sounds like Whyte stole your girlfriend with so many unrelated and irrelevant topics on Whyte like it effects me even after I keep telling you I picked Fury to win and currently have Whyte outside a top 5 spot for a good year now ,you need to move on or get some new material weirdo .
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 07-20-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Wouldn’t say I have an agenda re: the HW division necessarily. I still watch it, and like the fights, largely, just that I think there needs to be far more of them, and the fighters need to face each other.

I like Joyce
              I’m not talking about you I’m talking in general there’s a few crazies on here suggesting the era is terrible when you can do that on any era if you wanted using different criteria. .

Id say we already got a good amount of top ten guys fighting each other it’s just getting started now really in a young division with so many undefeated guys in these top ten spots it certainly makes it exciting to see who takes the next loss and who ultimately stays in the mix .

P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I’m not talking about you I’m talking in general there’s a few crazies on here suggesting the era is terrible when you can do that on any era if you wanted using different criteria. .

Id say we already got a good amount of top ten guys fighting each other it’s just getting started now really in a young division with so many undefeated guys in these top ten spots it certainly makes it exciting to see who takes the next loss and who ultimately stays in the mix .
                Oh ar, you make a supreme point here. It’s very tough to compare eras, but I’m just guessing we have more unsuccessful athletes of other sports in world of boxing since 2000 than before. Perhaps it was always like this, and there were always boxers who couldn’t throw a left hook?

But there are defo some talents about. ****’s about to get real interesting, that’s for sure. But if it doesn’t, my old-timer hat’s going straight back on!
                REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Oh ar, you make a supreme point here. It’s very tough to compare eras, but I’m just guessing we have more unsuccessful athletes of other sports in world of boxing since 2000 than before. Perhaps it was always like this, and there were always boxers who couldn’t throw a left hook?

But there are defo some talents about. ****’s about to get real interesting, that’s for sure. But if it doesn’t, my old-timer hat’s going straight back on!
                  This era has the most Olympic champions and active national champions of any era .

Theres at least 8 current fighters who have medaled in the Olympics. There’s 4 current gold medalists in the same era . Two have already fought A.J and Usyk . Now I’m not saying they all will win but this isn’t the easy era many are claiming in fact it’s extremely talented all around .

I bring this up because any real historian knows strong amateurs and Olympic backgrounds in boxing is a sign how strong a division is and we know this from the 70”s and 90”s where the two top guys didn’t even fight each other Bowe and Lewis .
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 07-20-2022, 10:50 AM.
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

This era has the most Olympic champions and active national champions of any era .

Theres at least 8 current fighters who have medaled in the Olympics. There’s 4 current gold medalists in the same era . Two have already fought A.J and Usyk . Now I’m not saying they all will win but this isn’t the easy era many are claiming in fact it’s extremely talented all around .

I bring this up because any real historian knows strong amateurs and Olympic backgrounds in boxing is a sign how strong a division is and we know this from the 70”s and 90”s where the two top guys didn’t even fight each other Bowe and Lewis .

There are some phenomenal amateurs about, who obviously know the game inside and out, and it’s possible that this has led to an unfavourable contrast with those non-amateurs knocking around.

You’ve made some fair arguments, and I’m probably not the one to agree or disagree because my knowledge is probably relatively shallow, but you’ve certainly made me think again about this era
                    REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Ruiz, Helenius and Kownacki put Wilder right back in heavyweight talk. 3-0-3 dynamic KOs. I hear Helenius is talking about a WBA opportunity, LOL. Haymon will put in him with Wilder just like he did Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X