Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chamberlain Expects Wilder To Bounce Back Strong: He's Better Than What People Think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Wilder is better and more coordinating for basketball he would have made more money in that over the long haul he would also pass as a far better stripper for some woman’s club the way he twerks if he had no power he’d have an option doing that on the side for extra cash that’s not even a joke .

Lucky for us he did choose boxing and gave us great knockout fights and entertainment . Wilder has a slight chance at at least salvaging his reputation if can win against a real top prime opponent but he hasn’t done it yet . Everybody is good at something I wouldn’t put boxing as his top talent though I’d say even playing the piano and singing in some high end bar he’s probably better at then boxing which is maybe why he’s not that good at it in terms of skills ? He is multi talented in other things .
    Don’t rate him much at all, but then again I’ve watched every one of his fights in the last 7 years, so I must have been entertained this whole time if nothing else

Comment

Wilder has rarely worked behind a jab to win fights . It also consists of putting punches together after a jab which is basically non existent and would like someone to put up a clip of Wilder throwing just one fluid combination after a jab .
      He knocked out Ortiz with a 1-2, he knocked out Brazeal with a 1-2, those are recent memory and I'm sure there are more of of them. He does in fact stick to the basics until things get heated.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Don’t rate him much at all, but then again I’ve watched every one of his fights in the last 7 years, so I must have been entertained this whole time if nothing else
        Its hard to rate someone higher in the heavyweight division if they don’t fight a good amount of punchers while making excuses why fights shouldn’t happen as opposed to why they should . It all depends where you rate Fury ? His only well prepared fight was the second one and he walked through Wilder but if you think Furys good enough do you think he shouldn’t get knocked down in any of these fights ? I put Wilder just outside the top 5 ,Fury has put shown me anything to what he shouldn’t have based on the forum .

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

He knocked out Ortiz with a 1-2, he knocked out Brazeal with a 1-2, those are recent memory and I'm sure there are more of of them. He does in fact stick to the basics until things get heated.
          Those aren’t fluid combinations after a jab.

Sticking to basics is more then two punches at a time and often way to long in between any punches thrown I’ve timed Wilder one e where over 40 seconds went by before throwing another punch most of his fights go over 10 seconds per punch with extreme posturing this is what will cost him more fights if he fights legit top guys . He’s got away with it due to opponents and some luck but the games changed again he won’t get those easy match ups anymore if he’s serious in sticking around for awhile .

Comment

Wilder has rarely worked behind a jab to win fights . It also consists of putting punches together after a jab which is basically non existent and would like someone to put up a clip of Wilder throwing just one fluid combination after a jab .
            The jab is his range finder and sets up his 1-2 combo that's knocked out/down 40-some odd opponents.

Thanks in advance for tuning in to Deontay's next fight.

Comment

Wilder is better and more coordinating for basketball he would have made more money in that over the long haul he would also pass as a far better stripper for some woman’s club the way he twerks if he had no power he’d have an option doing that on the side for extra cash that’s not even a joke .

Lucky for us he did choose boxing and gave us great knockout fights and entertainment . Wilder has a slight chance at at least salvaging his reputation if can win against a real top prime opponent but he hasn’t done it yet . Everybody is good at something I wouldn’t put boxing as his top talent though I’d say even playing the piano and singing in some high end bar he’s probably better at then boxing which is maybe why he’s not that good at it in terms of skills ? He is multi talented in other things .
              Dillian Whyte will never be champion just remember that.

Comment

Its hard to rate someone higher in the heavyweight division if they don’t fight a good amount of punchers while making excuses why fights shouldn’t happen as opposed to why they should . It all depends where you rate Fury ? His only well prepared fight was the second one and he walked through Wilder but if you think Furys good enough do you think he shouldn’t get knocked down in any of these fights ? I put Wilder just outside the top 5 ,Fury has put shown me anything to what he shouldn’t have based on the forum .
                The HW division as a whole is somewhat chimerical. It is well documented that the rankings system is more or less entirely based upon the commercial value of fighters and/or promoters’ lobbying of boxing orgs. Just very hard to really decide where to place fighters.

So far, we know Fury is better than Klitschko, Wilder and Whyte (who has turned out to be trash), and that wilder and Joshua are better than, variously, bums/ middling sorts/ semi-contenders at best, but again, who have gotten their shots via their promoters’ pulling power.

Other than that, what do we have? The only one who’s fought about everyone is Chisora, and even then, he’s had robberies meaning that even he can’t be placed accurately in the HW standings.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

The HW division as a whole is somewhat chimerical. It is well documented that the rankings system is more or less entirely based upon the commercial value of fighters and/or promoters’ lobbying of boxing orgs. Just very hard to really decide where to place fighters.

So far, we know Fury is better than Klitschko, Wilder and Whyte (who has turned out to be trash), and that wilder and Joshua are better than, variously, bums/ middling sorts/ semi-contenders at best, but again, who have gotten their shots via their promoters’ pulling power.

Other than that, what do we have? The only one who’s fought about everyone is Chisora, and even then, he’s had robberies meaning that even he can’t be placed accurately in the HW standings.
                  Well Whyte has a true knockout win over Chisora it’s safe to say Whyte is still a top level fighter fighters like even Joe Louis got pummeled way worse then came back and won . We don’t know if Wilder is actually better then a Whyte basing off 3 tries he had against Fury Id say Whyte has decent odds if he went in that fight after 2 bad knockout losses Wilder accumulated .

Is Fury better then Klitschko really ? Not sure you can base that off one fight either considering hardly any punches were thrown . We do know Klitschko usually doesn’t lose 2 fights in a row only A.J has been able to do that to him .

Rankings have just about always been commercial value . Foreman took a loss to Morrison only to come back his next fight and fight Moorer for the title etc . There’s countless examples in boxing history not just this one .

Overall the division is very strong those who discredit it have an agenda that’s the only way I can see it placing fighters isn’t that hard we know Fury , A.J and Usyk currently are the top dogs . After them you look at who’s winning more ,who hasn’t lost yet and how close is someone to losing or struggling against certain opponents . It’s all subjective but outside resumes I see the top guys as Hrgovic and Joyce outside the top 3 . Anyone outside those top 5 I named here will be an extreme handful fir everyone .

Comment

Wilder bests most fighters bar Fury and perhaps Usyk

Comment

I feel like Wilder is a victim of his own ego - all that bronze bomber alter-ego stuff was never going to end well when he lost. Guy is a very good boxer. SHould have just gone onto the next fight. He did well in the Fury fights.

The worst thing he can do now is to go back to picking people he knows he can beat every fight. That's why he wasn't fully supported before. He should take on all-comers now.

Comment

Working...
                      X