Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: Joshua Capable of Beating Usyk, Must Carry Mental Strength To The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Sold his soul Matchroom for two David Haye PPV’s and a job on punditry. All he does is push the company narrative. He’s the Johnny Nelson of DAZN.
    Sold his soul for the two biggest purses of his career (by far) and a good post-fighting gig working with his firends? Fighters have done worse for themselves.
    Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Joshua needs some thug in him. To me he is too polite, too much of a gentleman, too proper to be heavyweight champion. Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Wilder, Holmes, Liston, Fury, etc all had something inside of them that was rough around the edges that they brought into the ring with them. Even if he does win, someone else will come along and beat him up again in the future.

Comment

U kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na u kra i na

Comment

If AJ carries "Mental Strength" to the ring, he'll say "Mental" tired out his legs and it will wind up being another excuse like Wilder's "way to heavy" costume.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Sold his soul for the two biggest purses of his career (by far) and a good post-fighting gig working with his firends? Fighters have done worse for themselves.
            Greed is never a good trait. I like Tony, I’ve met him several times, outside of boxing he’s a genuinely nice fella. However, I’ve lost an awful lot of respect for him within boxing. He’s become a company man. I know he knows his boxing too so deep down he knows he’s lying to public when he’s pushing his BS narratives for Matchroom/DAZN.
            AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Joshua is chinny, that's the biggest thing, he can get ko'd. But he has a chance of course.

Usyk has lost a few rounds here and there, as he did against Chisora, yet always seemed mostly in control.

There's been talk about AJ improving, but people forget that Usyk will improve as well. That is, if he is still into boxing, and did train properly, with the Ukraine situation.
              Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

I respect Tony's opinion he's been there , although too much glam is placed on his two wins over a shot Haye who would have smoked him back in the day.When he says the 'best of him is good enough to beat anyone' ...he's very wrong.Tyson Fury would hammer the very best Joshua there's ever been. Usyk after struggling at heavyweight and as little as he is has no right beating a big strong heavyweight so it just shows really where Joshua really is.Tyson Fury would be simply too big too strong and proberley too talented for the brave and gifted but small Usyk

Comment

Bellew 100% believed in himself when he fought Usyk. He said he had something Usyk didn't have, 1 punch KO power. Usyk dusted his ***.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    I respect Tony's opinion he's been there , although too much glam is placed on his two wins over a shot Haye who would have smoked him back in the day.When he says the 'best of him is good enough to beat anyone' ...he's very wrong.Tyson Fury would hammer the very best Joshua there's ever been. Usyk after struggling at heavyweight and as little as he is has no right beating a big strong heavyweight so it just shows really where Joshua really is.Tyson Fury would be simply too big too strong and proberley too talented for the brave and gifted but small Usyk
                    Fury has also been quoted as saying maybe Usyk was "struggling" at HW so as not to scare AJ away.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Sold his soul Matchroom for two David Haye PPV’s and a job on punditry. All he does is push the company narrative. He’s the Johnny Nelson of DAZN.
                      He's the Tim Bradley of DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                      X