Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall: We're Fighting In The UK Simply Because Claressa Can't Sell A Ticket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ————-
    I know you don’t like Marshall but come on man! The Brits are usually rabid fans for their guys. Hatton was the reason Vegas sold out when he fought Floyd.
    Shields claims to have sold out Boardwalk, it is true. However, she’s leaving out context - 3,000 was the number.
    Even in the US, guys like Loma and even Golota are huge draws because of their own guys (Ukrainians for Loma and Poles for Golota).

When it comes to most sports, Europeans tend to have huge fans than Americans. These are just facts.

Marshalls vs Shields in the US will only be successful if it’s staged in a predominantly Irish city and because of Marshall.
    Lomachenko is not a huge draw and has yet to headline a single PPV.

It might be true that Marshall can't fight in the US because of Peter Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Nope 100% because The Victim can't sell a ticket. Nobody likes her and her crappy attitude. (Maybe why you like her, you have that in common) Idk why you pretend otherwise. What ever happened to that PPV of hers how well did that do? Funny how quick that was swept under the rug. She was so desperate for attention she went to MMA and embarrassed herself. Still no one cared. She should be thanking Marshall she is the one bringing the crowd. Exactly why Shields is in England, nobody cared enough here.
      Nobody knows Marshall though she’s practically unknown lol

Comment

This girl is no where near as known as Clarissa shields she needs to stop the cap because shields is way more popular than her she came to uk because the victory will be sweater whooping her ass in her own backyard
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Isn't because Peter Fury is banned from entering the U.S.A, like 'Gypsy-John' and Tyson?

I think Savanah Marshall is full of crap! We seen the A-list celebrities come-out to support the G.W.O.A.T, when Claressa fought Hannah Rankin in 2018 -- but when did Marshall fight Rankin? Let me see was it in 2019? Was it in 2020? I don't know...hmm.
          And also because nobody really cares about womens boxing and it’s cheap tv in the uk, let’s be brutally honest here shields won 2 olympics with 10 people in the event and womens boxing has (as you know ) about 3 fighters in each division that are any good , coupled with her zero personality and charisma it’s a brand hard to sell anywhere …. These are the facts , I’m open to you convincing me I’m wrong if you give me sounds facts contrary to my facts .. I’m afraid it’s a case of being paid your market worth , would you promote something and lose money just to give someone what THEY think they are worth ?
          Last edited by Buggy bear; 07-07-2022, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Lomachenko is not a huge draw and has yet to headline a single PPV.

It might be true that Marshall can't fight in the US because of Peter Fury.
            ——————-
            Huh? What’s the price of cotton got to do with rain in China?

What are you talking about? Marshall is a bigger draw than Shields, that’s why the fight is in the UK. That’s not a debate.

Comment

Marshall is a lot taller and has much more power than Clarissa I think the GWOAT might be in for a long night

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Isn't because Peter Fury is banned from entering the U.S.A, like 'Gypsy-John' and Tyson?

I think Savanah Marshall is full of crap! We seen the A-list celebrities come-out to support the G.W.O.A.T, when Claressa fought Hannah Rankin in 2018 -- but when did Marshall fight Rankin? Let me see was it in 2019? Was it in 2020? I don't know...hmm.
                A-list but Shiels' purses were being cut from 300k to 150k so she ventured to MMA. half right/wrong but uk fans are willing to cover purse demands so marshall has some leverage here.

Comment

Is Savannah related to Billy Joe Saunders?

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post

Shields is a joke. Feather fisted, ignorant, uneducated moron. I remember she actually said to Hannah Rankin at the press conference “bruh what iz you talk in’ bout”….when I heard that I realized what a **** roach she is.
                    Claims to be a boxing great, calls herself “T-Rex”, brags about beating up guys in the gym, brags about “sparring” Errol Spence….then proceeds to only have 2 knockouts in 12 fights…that’s a 16% ko ratio.

Womens boxing is a joke. They are not physically or psychologically built for combat….claiming to be the GWOAT is like bragging about winning the Special Olympics.

I have more knockouts in sparring with 16oz gloves as a low-level amateur then the GWOAT Clarissa Shields has as a professional?

Come on. Just come on. Clarissa’s next door neighbours don’t know who she is.
                    I agree that women are not built for combat, that is why I appreciate their effort and heart. The quality of their boxing is not on par with the men, and will never be. Nevertheless, I appreciate what they can do at their level.

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                    And also because nobody really cares about womens boxing and it’s cheap tv in the uk, let’s be brutally honest here shields won 2 olympics with 10 people in the event and womens boxing has (as you know ) about 3 fighters in each division that are any good , coupled with her zero personality and charisma it’s a brand hard to sell anywhere …. These are the facts , I’m open to you convincing me I’m wrong if you give me sounds facts contrary to my facts .. I’m afraid it’s a case of being paid your market worth , would you promote something and lose money just to give someone what THEY think they are worth ?
                    What you said is all probably true. I'm not here trying to convince anyone that women are equal in boxing or that you should watch -- although, they have been stealing the show lately on the under cards.

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

A-list but Shiels' purses were being cut from 300k to 150k so she ventured to MMA. half right/wrong but uk fans are willing to cover purse demands so marshall has some leverage here.
                    I wonder what Savanah Marshall the rest of the women around these weights are getting paid if the G.W.O.A.T is making 150K.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
                      Nobody knows Marshall though she’s practically unknown lol
                      If you think Brits are going to attend this fight in support of Shields, you've got to be smoking rocks son.

Comment

Working...
                      X