Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boots on Mayweather Praise: 'It's Dope To Have One of the Great Talking About Me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boots on Mayweather Praise: 'It's Dope To Have One of the Great Talking About Me'

Jaron 'Boots' Ennis was flattered by the recent recognition he received from boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. Mayweather, the five-division world champion and recent Hall of Fame inductee, made some remarks about Ennis a few months ago in which he praised the Philadelphia welterweight. Many consider Ennis to be a rising star in the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When I saw a few fights of 'Boots' Ennis, I thought, damn, this guy is special, Mayweather-esque.

Now, he has to prove he can be one of the true all-time greats by beating the top guys, and we can't put him up there with the likes of Floyd and Leonard now.

He may not impress as much, but I think he probably will. I also think it might be quite some time before he gets a really big name in the ring.

If I look at today's guys, of course Canelo, even with the loss of Bivol, has achieved so much. Fury, Usyk, Crawford, Spence all are among the best. But among them I don't see a guy who completely dominates.

I see Boots as someone who might dominate. Of course, perhaps opponents could check when he lost to Gary Antuanne Russell, as a style that can trouble Ennis. That was in the amateurs quite a number of years ago.

A great thing for Jaron is that he has the backing of Showtime.
    Last edited by Liondw; 07-04-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Boots is already an elite fighter, just got to get the fans in the seats to come watch him.

Comment

This lad appears to be an actual complete fighter. Speed, power, movement, and immense athleticism. Hopefully he continues to work on his head movement because eventually he’s going to run into the championship calibre fighters who will have the ability to go rounds. I hope he turns out to be a generational level talent rather than have a Donald Curry type career. We shall see. One thing is for sure, he is going to be avoided his whole career. I even think contenders will avoid him when he becomes a champion, let alone other champions for unifications
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Boots can dominate 147 to 160 or so it seems. He still has things to work on but can be hell for anybody through those 3 divisions if he continues to learn and grow.

Comment

When Floyd publicly speaks kind- sounding, forked tongue flattery of a non- Mayweather fighter (Crawford, Boots), or leaks out compliments through his Chief Flunky, Leonard Ellerbe, it means he wants to sign that fighter.
            When Floyd mispronounced a fighters name, he either avoided him at some point, and wants to give the false impression that the fighter is barely known to him, although he's actually well aware of who the fighter is, like when he used to call Kell Brook, "Cal Brock".
            When Floyd never mentioned or even flat out denied knowing a fighter (Paul Williams, Margarito), it meant he didn't wanna fight them, not out of fear of the fighters themselves per se, but fear of their size, their styles, their toughness, their stamina and volume punching. Knowing that guys who already throw 100 punches a round, would train themselves to throw 200 a round against Floyd. Fear of looking bad even if he gets a decision. And most of all, fear of the getting beat up and possibility of losing
            Last edited by archiemoore1; 07-04-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

People talk about this guy as if he's 17, with a lot of special things to come. Don't see it. Same for Ortiz. Bam Rodriguez is a potential star, with amazing special effects. Was sad to learn he resigned with Hearn.

Floyd wants to sign you? What say you, Mr. Ennis?

Comment

So far, when Floyd praises a fighter like that, they'll take a loss.

Rigo
                Choco
                Canelo

He praised Crawford, too. Which is another reason I think Spence beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  People talk about this guy as if he's 17, with a lot of special things to come. Don't see it. Same for Ortiz. Bam Rodriguez is a potential star, with amazing special effects. Was sad to learn he resigned with Hearn.

Floyd wants to sign you? What say you, Mr. Ennis?
                  Nah the kid has talent he's got very good athletism and seems to have good boxing brain. Bam Rodriguez is also a very talented fighter but he's also had the chance two fight two high level guys in his division where as boots hasn't got that chance yet because they seem him as high risk low reward so can only fight who will get in the ring with him. And ofc bam is gonna sign with hearn he's the only guy who can get him fights between 108-115 ght now. Martinez kyoguchi Chocolatito estrada etc

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Nah the kid has talent he's got very good athletism and seems to have good boxing brain. Bam Rodriguez is also a very talented fighter but he's also had the chance two fight two high level guys in his division where as boots hasn't got that chance yet because they seem him as high risk low reward so can only fight who will get in the ring with him. And ofc bam is gonna sign with hearn he's the only guy who can get him fights between 108-115 ght now. Martinez kyoguchi Chocolatito estrada etc
                    I didn't say he's not a good boxer. He hasn't done anything so far. Who says he has to fight the best in the division? He can do something else in the meantime. Maybe fight 4 or 5 times a year. Make some noise. Nobody is gonna come to you.

Apps are career killers. Bam will remain obscure as long as he's there.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-04-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X