Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boots on Mayweather Praise: 'It's Dope To Have One of the Great Talking About Me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
    So far, when Floyd praises a fighter like that, they'll take a loss.

Rigo
    Choco
    Canelo

He praised Crawford, too. Which is another reason I think Spence beats him.
    He's also praised Spence so does that mean we are in store for a draw???
    Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I like this.
      He praised Haney and Davis too.

Comment

With all these current good African American boxers, why does this guy seem so aloof, and why aren't so many people talking about him? Out of the circle, on the sidelines. He reminds me of another Andrade. Good but nobody cares. At least this guy is more exciting than Andrade. Even Haney put himself and name out there. Do something. Stop being quiet dammit!

Maybe he needs some haters? Maybe I should start that wagon!
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-04-2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

To have haters, tho, people have to care enough first.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I didn't say he's not a good boxer. He hasn't done anything so far. Who says he has to fight the best in the division? He can do something else in the meantime. Maybe fight 4 or 5 times a year. Make some noise. Nobody is gonna come to you.

Apps are career killers. Bam will remain obscure as long as he's there.
            We want Boots to fight the best in the division.

Not waste his career taking easy fights like Tank Davis does.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

We want Boots to fight the best in the division.

Not waste his career taking easy fights like Tank Davis does.
              Crazy comparison. At barely 22 Gervonta was trouncing Pedraza to the ground. Try again. Levels.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                When Floyd publicly speaks kind- sounding, forked tongue flattery of a non- Mayweather fighter (Crawford, Boots), or leaks out compliments through his Chief Flunky, Leonard Ellerbe, it means he wants to sign that fighter.
                When Floyd mispronounced a fighters name, he either avoided him at some point, and wants to give the false impression that the fighter is barely known to him, although he's actually well aware of who the fighter is, like when he used to call Kell Brook, "Cal Brock".
                When Floyd never mentioned or even flat out denied knowing a fighter (Paul Williams, Margarito), it meant he didn't wanna fight them, not out of fear of the fighters themselves per se, but fear of their size, their styles, their toughness, their stamina and volume punching. Knowing that guys who already throw 100 punches a round, would train themselves to throw 200 a round against Floyd. Fear of looking bad even if he gets a decision. And most of all, fear of the getting beat up and possibility of losing
                —————-
                To be fair, nobody wanted any part of P. Williams. He was a towering 6”1 WW. And I get that he was a 147 Ibs fighter but he was just too big for most guys including a guy that was coming from 130 Ibs.

Margarito on the other hand was just a made-up boogeyman that got destroyed by Mosley and I have never doubted for a second that Floyd would have easily beaten him if it wasn’t for Bob Arum - Floyd had just gotten out of the clutches of that scumbag and made the biggest paydays of his career with Oscar and Hatton so why would he give Arum a payday especially when Arum is on record stating that he would never let his new cash cow, Cotto go near Floyd.

Comment

Floyd was the past, Boots is the future! Hopefully he can catch Spence, Crawford, or both, @ 154!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

With Floyd there's basic praise "helluva fighter" vs. "fight his ass off".

He gave Spence, Haney, and Davis basic praise.

He gave "fight his ass off" praise to Boots, Crawford, Rigo and Choco.

So
                    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-05-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

With Floyd there's basic praise "helluva fighter" vs. "fight his ass off".

He gave Spence, Haney, and Davis basic praise.

He gave "fight his ass off" praise to Boots, Crawford, Rigo and Choco.

So
                      Oh no, I've heard him say Spence can fight his ass off or something similar in the past as well lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X