Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'm Looking For Usyk-Joshua Winner, Fury if He Returns - I'm at That Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=REDEEMER;n31482149]

The thing is though Joyce has only gone past mid rounds 3 times and he averages 5 rounds per fight so how much shots is he actually taking ? His opponents are usually on the defensive and land one clean shots here and there . So is Joyce actually getting used as a punching bag as many make out ? Not really he’s actually probably taking less shots bc his fights are shorter , yes he gets hit clean with power shots that’s something a real puncher who can follow it up is something he’ll have to be more aware of .

Id be more concerned about his sparring because he takes way more shots there and his sparring is a lot like a real fight at times . I’m thinking maybe that’s part of the problem he’s programmed himself to just walk down guys with no worries in the actual fight like he does in sparring it can be a habit .[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the points in bold that you made is what I'm getting at. He's walked thru the punches of everyone he's faced thus far. At some point he may find himself in with a guy who lands something he can't walk through.

I like Joyce, he's fun to watch and he seems like a nice guy.
    REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

If you cannot stop or hurt Joyce, it is gong to be a terrible night for his opponent.

He's in the wrong division to be taking clean shots like that. A good journeyman with some pop could derail him.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

He's in the wrong division to be taking clean shots like that. A good journeyman with some pop could derail him.
        Youp. even faded journeyman Helenius was able to stop contender Kownacki inside 4 rounds.

It is the division with big and strong guys. You can`t afford to get hit like that.

Comment

I like the fact that Joyce is a very likable guy and he will fight anybody. He is like a gentle giant in personality and became a favorite of mine. That strength and stamina and chin of his is something else. I would not be shocked if he upsets a big name. It wouldn't be the first time he created an upset.

Comment

He kicks bodybuilder's a$$ on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I like the fact that Joyce is a very likable guy and he will fight anybody. He is like a gentle giant in personality and became a favorite of mine. That strength and stamina and chin of his is something else. I would not be shocked if he upsets a big name. It wouldn't be the first time he created an upset.
              He can beat anyone not named Fury. Need fast hands to beat Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
                He is.

But no one will see it because the average ****tard who claims to watch this sport has **** all clue what they're watching. The problem with Joyce is his engine and his work rate. Whilst Fury did well against Chisora in the second bout, it wasn't such a foregone conclusion in the first. I've not really seen anyone in the modern heavyweight division with the kind of conditioning yo withstand someone like Joyce...and then factor that he is 6ft6 and hits like a tank. His punches are ****ing awful to take. Its that kind of thudding power which is generated entirely from the hips. I've only met one guy who hits like it and it's terrifying to fight. Every shot of his hurts. I legit believe him holding a title is a forgone conclusion at this point. I believe he beats Joshua, can probably beat this current incarnation of Wilder, gives Fury trouble and loses to Usyk. Fury CANNOT fight kronk style with Joyce. That's a recipe for disaster.
                Yes, I'd take Joyce to beat Joshua, who only has a punchers chance, and possibly Fury as well.
                Like you said, Fury won't be able to bully Joyce and hadn't got the conditioning to outwork him. So that leaves him having to.outsnart him which, to be fair, is a good possibility.
                Usyk has the conditioning and movement to beat Joyce, and has done it before, but it will be a very rough fight for him.
                Last edited by tokon; 07-03-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Youp. even faded journeyman Helenius was able to stop contender Kownacki inside 4 rounds.

It is the division with big and strong guys. You can`t afford to get hit like that.
                  Kownackis chin is trash. That's why Helenius pretty much best him a second time as well. He just gave up and sought a DQ as a way out. Joyce would have made him quit by the third. I keep saying it, the heavyweight division is weak and is chock full of guys with power but weak Chins or decent Chins and no power. Other than Joshua and Wilder who really has the kind of power that should really give Joyce problems? Issue with the guys I mentioned is there questionable cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Kownackis chin is trash.
                    His chin looked very good before he faced Helenius.

Comment

He has a good chin but he’s too slow and sooner or later he’s chin is going to betray him

Comment

Working...
                      X