Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Head Responds To Arum, Willing To Have 'Conversation' on Making 175-Pound Undisputed Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I was thinking the same thing. It appears that markowski may take a more direct “promoter” role for dazn like Espinosa has for showtime in getting fights made. It looks like dazn arnt happy with where their direction has gone in the usa and want to be a bit more diplomatic than the promoters they are currently working with
    It would make sense. Hearn has alienated himself in the US and lost DAZN a sh** load of cash, whilst Oscar has all sorts of personal problems.

Comment

What's interesting is what he DIDN'T say. He never debunked the "Dead Zone," of "Nobody watches DAZN," comments. He just said Promoters should be willing to work together for fights the public want to see, which I agree with.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

They can make a deal to put it on both.

HBO-showtime "exclusive" fighters have made deals. Pac-May and Tyson-Lewis were on both HBO and Showtime.

make the fuking fight already that is a BS excuse, what Arum is really saying it isnt worth the trouble or risk to make the fight for him but we know for the right price it would get made.

Comment

Originally posted by gluvsup View Post

What a superb post.
          That’s because it’s an international sport. As far as I know only two of the four sanctioning bodies are inside the usa and that’s the wbo and the ibf. The wba and the wbc are foreign and the USA would only have power over their organisations insofar as fights within us borders

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

You wouldn’t have a clue. You aren’t a boxing fan. You are a fan of maybe 2/3 boxers at the very most. You hate fighters that have over shadowed the fighter you support. When you lose bets you disappear or claim you never struck said bet.
            Your just a weird poster who says things that rarely make sense on here as you’re always being told .

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

That’s because it’s an international sport. As far as I know only two of the four sanctioning bodies are inside the usa and that’s the wbo and the ibf. The wba and the wbc are foreign and the USA would only have power over their organisations insofar as fights within us borders
              I don’t think it’s up to the USA to correct anything necessarily. I don’t think any form of international co-operation realistically is viable in terms of removing the entrenched sanctioning bodies as they stand. Similarly with promoters, they operate internationally. You’ve only got to look at the close ties a number of promoters had with the Kinhanen cartel recently to see how dodgy it all is. It needs the impetus to come from the financial giants of the game, the Canelo’s, Usyk, Fury, Joshua. If guys like that took a stand and binned their belts that would be a real legacy for the benefit of the sport. Bar that I can’t see how else it can ever change unless eventually one promotion company monopolises it all like UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

I don’t think it’s up to the USA to correct anything necessarily. I don’t think any form of international co-operation realistically is viable in terms of removing the entrenched sanctioning bodies as they stand. Similarly with promoters, they operate internationally. You’ve only got to look at the close ties a number of promoters had with the Kinhanen cartel recently to see how dodgy it all is. It needs the impetus to come from the financial giants of the game, the Canelo’s, Usyk, Fury, Joshua. If guys like that took a stand and binned their belts that would be a real legacy for the benefit of the sport. Bar that I can’t see how else it can ever change unless eventually one promotion company monopolises it all like UFC.
                And that sir is what at least two of the promotional outfits are trying to do. But the most
                i think you can get is one major promotion for each market

Comment

OK, so here I am, the lifelong boxing, and only boxing (not MMA, UFC, etc.) fan who despite knowing it's an absolute fact that they could and would still make a hefty profit airing it on regular TV be it on network or basic cable, I still concede and purchase ESPN, ESPN+, Showtime's boxing and the yearly DAZN package to see most of the fights and help add some additional intake for those involved with the making and occuring of all the best fights with the top fighters. Now, after years of promises that it'll NEVER happen by DAZN, the scumbags take their most viable property Canelo & almost literally at the milli-second he agrees to take on a challenger that will test him, they announce a three-fight contract between him & the brand-new DAZN pay-per-view. The bottom line is that there's no end to the greedy, underhanded and slimy tactics that any & all of them are willing to pull to make not just an extra dollar, but rather instead, every last dollar, pound &/or whatever other currency they can manage to pull in, with the most ridiculous part being that it's not even the person who does most, if not nearly all, of the work to make it an event to start with (the boxer) but rather some scumbag (Arum, Markowski, and the like Haymon, King, etc.) who hasn't sparred a round in his life.
                  ​​​​​​ Of course, the second part of this equation becomes the fact there's too many recognized world titles and too many weight classes to the point where the average agreed upon number is 18 weight divisions (or 19 with the WBC's Bridgerweight division included) while there should be around 9 (like the Olympic model) and a minimum of 4 world titles which are recognized (WBA, IBF, WBC, WBO) before all the other (WBC Franchise, WBA Super, IBO, the Ring, etc.) and the bottom line is when there's 100+ "World Champions" and it been proven that almost any relatively skilled boxer can cherry pick and then wait until he has a chance to fight another sub-par fighter for a recently vacated belt (see Cesar Cuenca on Box Rec, the Argentinian who built a record of 48-0 by fighting the same boxers with losing career records three or four times over till he was ranked number one and the challenged another also ran contender to win the title and forever be called a one-time World Champ), it's just not all that exclusive to be a World Champ.
                  . Lastly, throw in inconsistent if not outright rigged judges and judging decisions and we get to where boxing is at today. At some point, us fans must demand more and it has to end. I can only hope that day comes soon.
                  BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShagRapt View Post
                    OK, so here I am, the lifelong boxing, and only boxing (not MMA, UFC, etc.) fan who despite knowing it's an absolute fact that they could and would still make a hefty profit airing it on regular TV be it on network or basic cable, I still concede and purchase ESPN, ESPN+, Showtime's boxing and the yearly DAZN package to see most of the fights and help add some additional intake for those involved with the making and occuring of all the best fights with the top fighters. Now, after years of promises that it'll NEVER happen by DAZN, the scumbags take their most viable property Canelo & almost literally at the milli-second he agrees to take on a challenger that will test him, they announce a three-fight contract between him & the brand-new DAZN pay-per-view. The bottom line is that there's no end to the greedy, underhanded and slimy tactics that any & all of them are willing to pull to make not just an extra dollar, but rather instead, every last dollar, pound &/or whatever other currency they can manage to pull in, with the most ridiculous part being that it's not even the person who does most, if not nearly all, of the work to make it an event to start with (the boxer) but rather some scumbag (Arum, Markowski, and the like Haymon, King, etc.) who hasn't sparred a round in his life.
                    ​​​​​​ Of course, the second part of this equation becomes the fact there's too many recognized world titles and too many weight classes to the point where the average agreed upon number is 18 weight divisions (or 19 with the WBC's Bridgerweight division included) while there should be around 9 (like the Olympic model) and a minimum of 4 world titles which are recognized (WBA, IBF, WBC, WBO) before all the other (WBC Franchise, WBA Super, IBO, the Ring, etc.) and the bottom line is when there's 100+ "World Champions" and it been proven that almost any relatively skilled boxer can cherry pick and then wait until he has a chance to fight another sub-par fighter for a recently vacated belt (see Cesar Cuenca on Box Rec, the Argentinian who built a record of 48-0 by fighting the same boxers with losing career records three or four times over till he was ranked number one and the challenged another also ran contender to win the title and forever be called a one-time World Champ), it's just not all that exclusive to be a World Champ.
                    . Lastly, throw in inconsistent if not outright rigged judges and judging decisions and we get to where boxing is at today. At some point, us fans must demand more and it has to end. I can only hope that day comes soon.
                    Good post. I didn't read everything. I could've made 6 or 8 paragraphs out of your block text here. No judgment, just pointers.

I liked some of the points you made. Since you've been a lifelong boxing fan (and only boxing fan, like me), I wonder why you only have 1 post? Do you lurk? I can understand that. No shame. We are a bunch of weirdo posters on here, aren't we?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Your just a weird poster who says things that rarely make sense on here as you’re always being told .
                      Being told? Just like nobody likes me? Hahaha just like it took you a week to stop sulking? Everyone knows your a Joshua fan girl and that’s it. No more fighters are in your good books. Keep talking, Everytime you do, we can smell ya dads PeNis

Comment

Working...
                      X