Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eggington-Zysk, Sky Sports: Weigh-In Results From Coventry, UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eggington-Zysk, Sky Sports: Weigh-In Results From Coventry, UK

Sam Eggington aims to continue his good fortunes in his new favorite venue. The always entertaining 28-year-old Brit moves back down to junior middleweight in hopes of picking up a regional title at the weight and extending his current three-fight win streak. The next step for the Smethwick-bred boxer comes in a scheduled 10-round bout with Poland's Przemyslaw Zysk atop a BOXXER-promoted show Saturday evening on Sky Sports from Coventry Skydome in Coventry, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zysk huh.... ?

Quite aside from the fact that I'm genuinely intrigued to know how that should be pronounced (and yes I did just sit in front of my computer repeating variations of Zuh-sic, Zooosk, Xyisk, Xy-Sick and so on for coupla minutes) his name also brought to mind the Dr Seuss story the 'Cat in the Hat comes back' - read it to my youngest the other day.. Just wondering whether Olek Usyk keeps little Cats Vsyk, Wsyk. Xsyk, Ysyk and Zsyk under his hat....

Just a thought anyway... I probably shouldn't have taken so much acid as a youngster.

CatinHatComesBackpg37.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Zysk huh.... ?

Quite aside from the fact that I'm genuinely intrigued to know how that should be pronounced (and yes I did just sit in front of my computer repeating variations of Zuh-sic, Zooosk, Xyisk, Xy-Sick and so on for coupla minutes) his name also brought to mind the Dr Seuss story the 'Cat in the Hat comes back' - read it to my youngest the other day.. Just wondering whether Olek Usyk keeps little Cats Vsyk, Wsyk. Xsyk, Ysyk and Zsyk under his hat....

Just a thought anyway... I probably shouldn't have taken so much acid as a youngster.

CatinHatComesBackpg37.jpg
      mate... you're out where the buses don't run
      Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Assuming that's a typo and Wilson-Bent hasn't actually weighed in six pounds over ... it's for the British title at 160 (not a super-middle fight as the article states) so let's hope not.
        JakeNDaBox JakeNDaBox likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post

mate... you're out where the buses don't run
          By my calculations Asyk must be about the size of King Kong....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post
            Assuming that's a typo and Wilson-Bent hasn't actually weighed in six pounds over ... it's for the British title at 160 (not a super-middle fight as the article states) so let's hope not.
            It has been fixed. BOXXER reported his weight as 11 stone, 12 lb. but I replayed the weigh-in and it was actually 11 stone, 5 lb, 12 oz (159 3/4 lb.).
            BrilliantAJ BrilliantAJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

It has been fixed. BOXXER reported his weight as 11 stone, 12 lb. but I replayed the weigh-in and it was actually 11 stone, 5 lb, 12 oz (159 3/4 lb.).
              Nice one. So they announced his weight as 11 stone 12 lb? Must have been some quizzical looks at the weigh-in

Comment

I'm ready for this war

Comment

We need an Egg and Cheese trilogy
                  adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

I'm glad Eggington is back at 154. Going to 160 was never a good idea for a man who has limited skills & relies on being bigger & stronger than his opponents. He will need to train insanely hard to stay at 154 but since his skills are so basic his stamina has to be exceptional anyway. There are a lot of great fights out there at 154 & I wouldn't rule out his getting a shot at JJ Metcalf for the European.

Comment

Working...
                    X