Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGuardia: Beterbiev Was Hitting To The Back Of The Head; We Were Concerned About That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Beterbiev's opponents keep their guard high and choose to wear the earmuffs, he will loop his shots to get around the guard. Watching the Smith fight, I noticed Smith kept his hands high. He only got hit to the back of the head twice that I can tell, and one was a glancing blow. Ref warned him about the other. Smith also turned his head and leaned into some shots. Ward and Hopkins were notorious rabbit punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

I never said it would've altered the outcome of the fight. You clearly stated the rabbit punches "didn't happen=excuse" and you're wrong. Period. If the link doesn't work I'm sure you're intelligent enough to find it elsewhere.
      'They', meaning multiple times, didn't happen. That was basically one punch and one warning. No more than happens in any fight, so to me, that's just a way to try and dismiss an outclassing. So, no way am I wrong, chief. And like I said, I was wanting Smith to win and was upset about what happened. I just don't deal in nonsense like this. Sorry, not sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

'They', meaning multiple times, didn't happen. That was basically one punch and one warning. No more than happens in any fight, so to me, that's just a way to try and dismiss an outclassing. So, no way am I wrong, chief. And like I said, I was wanting Smith to win and was upset about what happened. I just don't deal in nonsense like this. Sorry, not sorry.
        Ok so I provided a video, a timestamp, the referee warning Beterbiev... Still not good enough... Look my purpose wasn't to argue that it altered the outcome of the fight. I've already said I didn't feel it would've altered the outcome of the fight so I hope it's not coming across that way. I'm sure we could go through a video of the full fight and find other questionable punches, like we probably could in most other fights... Just because the referee didn't stop the action every time doesn't mean they didn't happen. I simply don't care that much nor do I have the time or the patience to do that.

Comment

Ok so I provided a video, a timestamp, the referee warning Beterbiev... Still not good enough... Look my purpose wasn't to argue that it altered the outcome of the fight. I've already said I didn't feel it would've altered the outcome of the fight so I hope it's not coming across that way. I'm sure we could go through a video of the full fight and find other questionable punches, like we probably could in most other fights... Just because the referee didn't stop the action every time doesn't mean they didn't happen. I simply don't care that much nor do I have the time or the patience to do that.
          So, you basically are agreeing that it's an excuse and a one time incident that didn't even alter the outcome of the fight so I don't know why you've bothered to reply at all. Thanks for the validation of it being an excuse.

Comment

So, you basically are agreeing that it's an excuse and a one time incident that didn't even alter the outcome of the fight so I don't know why you've bothered to reply at all. Thanks for the validation of it being an excuse.
            Holy ****balls lol no I was trying to let it go and not call you an ******* but apparently you're going to keep going with it so there you go. You're like one of those people who you tell the sky is blue and you'll say "no it's not." Unlike you I actually have a life (which is clear by the amount of time you've spend on here) and have better things to do than provide you with more videos and timestamps of every questionable punch. Congratulations on needing validation through an internet forum from people you don't even know. Again judging by the amount of time you spend on here you should get out of the basement more.

Comment

Holy ****balls lol no I was trying to let it go and not call you an ******* but apparently you're going to keep going with it so there you go. You're like one of those people who you tell the sky is blue and you'll say "no it's not." Unlike you I actually have a life (which is clear by the amount of time you've spend on here) and have better things to do than provide you with more videos and timestamps of every questionable punch. Congratulations on needing validation through an internet forum from people you don't even know. Again judging by the amount of time you spend on here you should get out of the basement more.
              I've said all that I have to say on the matter. And no, I need nothing from you, least of all any kind of validation.

I just like putting twits in their place and you're just one more. Bye bye now

Comment

I've said all that I have to say on the matter. And no, I need nothing from you, least of all any kind of validation.

I just like putting twits in their place and you're just one more. Bye bye now
                You're the one who said it "never happened" and then I provided you with a video, a timestamp and the ref stopping the action specifically for what you said "never happened." But I'm the twit. Lol ok... Like I said the sky is blue...

Comment

You're the one who said it "never happened" and then I provided you with a video, a timestamp and the ref stopping the action specifically for what you said "never happened." But I'm the twit. Lol ok... Like I said the sky is blue...
                  Didn't read, I already said Bye, so bye

Comment

It's true. He'll do the same thing to Yarde

Comment

Working...
                    X