Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGuardia: Beterbiev Was Hitting To The Back Of The Head; We Were Concerned About That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

I saw and remember that but it had nothing to do with the ending of the fight
    I never said it would've altered the outcome of the fight. You clearly stated the rabbit punches "didn't happen=excuse" and you're wrong. Period. If the link doesn't work I'm sure you're intelligent enough to find it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
      . If Artur was hitting Joe on the back of the head all night, then that should've been brought up to the ref during locker room instructions.
      It was brought up to the ref before the fight. Go back and read this article.

DeGuardia: Beterbiev Was Hitting To The Back Of The Head; We Were Concerned About That - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)

Comment

Weird that none of the media outlets even question those rabbit punches .... Maybe because they were not ... Only time there was shots from close fighting the ref warned Artur...
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

It was brought up to the ref before the fight. Go back and read this article.

DeGuardia: Beterbiev Was Hitting To The Back Of The Head; We Were Concerned About That - Boxing News (boxingscene.com)
          I won't argue this one but I will mention one thing....there's a chance that it either wasn't brought up or wasn't made a big deal of because the ref did little to nothing to intervene. We've seen the ref gives instructions in the locker room...why didn't we see this on Saturday night?

I'm only saying this because ESPN practically ruined the quality of the entire card because they couldn't stay out of Smith and Beterbiev's locker rooms and talking about the fight. Not once did I see Team Smith make a fuss about it to the ref before the fight. We damn near missed Ramirez crush Nova with that left hand because we had to see a split screen view of Joe stretching.

So, we got a chance to see both guys pace the locker room, stretch, shadow box, gets their hands wrapped, getting their gloves laced, etc....but we never heard his team voice their concerns? Especially a concern about hitting behind the head...in New York, or all places (or boxing commission).
          Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 06-21-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Look at all those rabbit punches (1) im surprised the fight wasnt stopped for blatant cheating The only punch that landed in the back of the head was clearly accidental (the first knockdown) Beterbiev was mid punch when Smith moved forward.

Comment

I never said AB was definitely on Peds, although I did say I am su****ious. I never have suspected JSJ of using, because when you match the two up AB has heavy acne on his back, Joe has clear skin. AB has a skull and head the size of an elephant, Joe had a normal human size head. Joe is powerful and punches hard, Artur is inhumanly powerful and punches super hard. See where I’m going here. He has tested clean his whole career and do he has to be considered clean, but so did Canelo, although I doubt Canelo had the bad luck of testing positive the very first time he ate the Mexican beef. Personally I thought Canelo was dirty for awhile before he was busted, so I was not shocked at all. I’ll reiterate, Artur is clean, but their is nothing wrong with having an open mind to things I see

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

I won't argue this one but I will mention one thing....there's a chance that it either wasn't brought up or wasn't made a big deal of because the ref did little to nothing to intervene. We've seen the ref gives instructions in the locker room...why didn't we see this on Saturday night?

I'm only saying this because ESPN practically ruined the quality of the entire card because they couldn't stay out of Smith and Beterbiev's locker rooms and talking about the fight. Not once did I see Team Smith make a fuss about it to the ref before the fight. We damn near missed Ramirez crush Nova with that left hand because we had to see a split screen view of Joe stretching.

So, we got a chance to see both guys pace the locker room, stretch, shadow box, gets their hands wrapped, getting their gloves laced, etc....but we never heard his team voice their concerns? Especially a concern about hitting behind the head...in New York, or all places (or boxing commission).
                Yeah Harvey Dock only stopped the action once in the second round and told Beterbiev "don't hit him behind the head." Again absolutely not saying it would've altered the outcome of the fight but it happens ALL the time unfortunately. In the second Wilder-Stiverne fight the punch before the first knockdown was a clear rabbit punch. Stiverne even told the ref after the knockdown and the ref had missed it. The second knockdown of Fury in Wilder-Fury 3 was also obviously behind the head. Not singling Wilder out on purpose but in fairness if you google "rabbit punch" the first picture that pops up is a picture of Wilder throwing one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Yeah Harvey Dock only stopped the action once in the second round and told Beterbiev "don't hit him behind the head." Again absolutely not saying it would've altered the outcome of the fight but it happens ALL the time unfortunately. In the second Wilder-Stiverne fight the punch before the first knockdown was a clear rabbit punch. Stiverne even told the ref after the knockdown and the ref had missed it. The second knockdown of Fury in Wilder-Fury 3 was also obviously behind the head. Not singling Wilder out on purpose but in fairness if you google "rabbit punch" the first picture that pops up is a picture of Wilder throwing one lol.
                  Nice! I can rock with this for sure!

I just see a lot of opponents complain of rabbit punches from big punchers...Matthysee/Peterson came to mind. A couple of Kovalev opponents complained of the same thing....I remember Ward mentioning it in the first fight.

It really started to make me wonder if most power punchers do it intentionally or do they just have a special way of punching that can be misconstrued as a rabbit punch. You're really about to make me look this up as well.

And I laughed my ass off because I actually googled "rabbit punching" and I saw Wilder in a couple of frames.

Comment

Most were at the side of the head which are not illegal.

Comment

Jesus guys Peds rabbit pucnes etc. Artur has been known for his unreal power since amateurs. Just give credit to very underrated boxer thats all. It is a shame that Artur is getting recognized only now at age of 37..

Comment

Working...
                      X