Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney-Kambosos Averaged 1,322,000 Viewers, Peaked At 1,355,000 On ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Following in Andrade’s footsteps. He’s Super Andrade though, because he at least has two top 10 fighters.
    His last three were top ten

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

His last three were top ten
      Old Linares? Dude was 40, with 2 TKO losses sandwiching his Haney loss. Which won the unofficial “Most Pathetic Performance of 2021”.

His infamous hug will forever be immortalized. He fought the most powerful puncher he has ever fought, who himself is chinny and old. And almost died. Dude literally hugged him.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        People comparing numbers to four or five years ago continue to ignore just how much the viewership game has changed. Nearly half and sometimes even more than half of the SHO PPV according to Espinoza are digital now. ESPN+'s subscribers have gone up big time and I am sure close to half watched this fight on the app.

These are very good numbers with no big lead-in that often times skew numbers.
        That’s a great point but I was under the impression that the ESPN+ streamed viewership was also included in the figures, no?

Comment

Old Linares? Dude was 40, with 2 TKO losses sandwiching his Haney loss. Which won the unofficial “Most Pathetic Performance of 2021”.

His infamous hug will forever be immortalized. He fought the most powerful puncher he has ever fought, who himself is chinny and old. And almost died. Dude literally hugged him.
          Was ranked in the top ten by boxrec, the ring and TBRB. Sorry, bud.
          jockpunk jockpunk likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

That’s a great point but I was under the impression that the ESPN+ streamed viewership was also included in the figures, no?
            NOPE, these are just linear ratings.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

This fight didn’t start until almost midnight on the east coast. That probably didn’t help numbers. I don’t remember what time the Stevenson fight was but I don’t remember it being that late.

Comment

Well, go ahead and start by rebutting. As I always say, it’s very easy, especially if you are a native English speaker. Shouldn’t be THAT difficult. I know Americans are made fun of a lot for ranking among the worst in education when it comes to first world countries. But I know there are some bright citizens in the US.

Start by listing where I am way off and why. Briefly. I typed essays but you don’t have to.
                The digital numbers on ESPN+ were not reported here. These ratings are from what it did on ESPN. The linear numbers do not get released when these numbers get reported.

It is a fair bet that over 2M people tuned in and watched this fight when you combine ESPN and ESPN+ and even ESPN Deportes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

The 130 pound division is notoriously weak in regard to viewership, so those are relatively good numbers. But it takes two to tango and the circumstances surrounding the fight to help with viewership. Basically I was saying that you can't compare apples to oranges by looking at fights that don't have the same circumstances. A lot of those fights that Mammoth quoted were fights where no belt was on the line, no unification was being fought for or there weren't two marque names.

Those are good numbers considering, but you'd hope to see more than that, to be honest. I can't help but think that boxing fans are starting to lose interest. Maybe this year things turn around with all the great fights being put on and boxing can start getting more of the market share.
                  Boxing is doing just fine. There are metrics showing that younger generation are in tune to boxing more than the prior generation and there are more ways to watch fights now compared to the past.

It just does not make sense comparing the linear viewership in 2022 to 2017 or 2018. Like I mentioned earlier, the way people watch things has evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Was ranked in the top ten by boxrec, the ring and TBRB. Sorry, bud.
                    No need to apologize. I am sorry that is one of Haney’s top 3 wins. With that performance.

Comment

I bet Devin is still counting his $tash from the fight while key board warriors are preoccupied analyzing, dissecting, twisting viewership numbers and using it as an excuse to take a snip at the young man. Some of you really need to get a life!!! He is only 23 and already a millionaire with more to come. let that sink in. Get a life.
                      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X