Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney-Kambosos Averaged 1,322,000 Viewers, Peaked At 1,355,000 On ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Stevenson and Haney getting good nunbers despite having styles people say casuals don't want to see as well.
    You're too dense to understand why, so let me explain it to you dumb dumb. Unlike many of those fights you just listed, Valdez and Stevenson was a title unification fight, so that's going to bring more eyeballs. Two champions fighting. Then you have Valdez, who's a star in the US AND Mexico. And that's why those numbers are different. It's not because Stevenson is fighting.

Comment

Man that was televised on a $6 dollar a month app with 25 million subscribers. This was an undisputed championship fight. And it was also aired at a very good time, instead of 12am.

I don’t like Haney and all but this is still terrible for boxing. I can’t even get myself to make fun of Haney for not attracting a larger American fanbase to an American app. That’s just sad for boxing. This was not a PPV fight.

Tank vs Rolly was PPV and they sold nearly 300k PPV’s.

Foreigners like Lomachenko do better numbers than that on ESPN.

That’s sad.

5% of ESPN subscribers tuned in to Haney vs Kambosos. You’re telling me 95% of ESPN subscribers didn’t find value, of the $6 they already pay a month, in Haney vs Kambosos?

That’s nuts, and just sad. Lomachenko needs to return ASAP. Save American boxing on ESPN at least for the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

You're too dense to understand why, so let me explain it to you dumb dumb. Unlike many of those fights you just listed, Valdez and Stevenson was a title unification fight, so that's going to bring more eyeballs. Two champions fighting. Then you have Valdez, who's a star in the US AND Mexico. And that's why those numbers are different. It's not because Stevenson is fighting.
        Stevenson did really good numbers the prior two fights, one NOT involving a Mexican in Jamel Herring. That fight averaged 1.23M and peaked at 1.264M. Looks like Stevenson is drawing well regardless of the opponent. Obviously Valdez contributed to their rating they did but Stevenson isn't going to all of a sudden fall off in his next fight to like 500k viewers or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Man that was televised on a $6 dollar a month app with 25 million subscribers. This was an undisputed championship fight. And it was also aired at a very good time, instead of 12am.

I don’t like Haney and all but this is still terrible for boxing. I can’t even get myself to make fun of Haney for not attracting a larger American fanbase to an American app. That’s just sad for boxing. This was not a PPV fight.

Tank vs Rolly was PPV and they sold nearly 300k PPV’s.

Foreigners like Lomachenko do better numbers than that on ESPN.

That’s sad.

5% of ESPN subscribers tuned in to Haney vs Kambosos. You’re telling me 95% of ESPN subscribers didn’t find value, of the $6 they already pay a month, in Haney vs Kambosos?

That’s nuts, and just sad. Lomachenko needs to return ASAP. Save American boxing on ESPN at least for the next 2-3 years.
          No disrespect Kev, but you are WAY off here. I don't even know where to start lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Still crying.

Comment

Awful numbers LOL..

ESPN is gonna waste money on Haney just as DAZN did before them LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

No disrespect Kev, but you are WAY off here. I don't even know where to start lol.
                Well, go ahead and start by rebutting. As I always say, it’s very easy, especially if you are a native English speaker. Shouldn’t be THAT difficult. I know Americans are made fun of a lot for ranking among the worst in education when it comes to first world countries. But I know there are some bright citizens in the US.

Start by listing where I am way off and why. Briefly. I typed essays but you don’t have to.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                  Awful numbers LOL..

ESPN is gonna waste money on Haney just as DAZN did before them LOL
                  Following in Andrade’s footsteps. He’s Super Andrade though, because he at least has two top 10 fighters.

Comment

Floyd wasn’t boring you big dummies..

he was putting hands on Gatti & Hatton, KO’n jokers!!!

a bunch of novices..

Haney is a complete snooze fest

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Stevenson did really good numbers the prior two fights, one NOT involving a Mexican in Jamel Herring. That fight averaged 1.23M and peaked at 1.264M. Looks like Stevenson is drawing well regardless of the opponent. Obviously Valdez contributed to their rating they did but Stevenson isn't going to all of a sudden fall off in his next fight to like 500k viewers or anything.
                      The 130 pound division is notoriously weak in regard to viewership, so those are relatively good numbers. But it takes two to tango and the circumstances surrounding the fight to help with viewership. Basically I was saying that you can't compare apples to oranges by looking at fights that don't have the same circumstances. A lot of those fights that Mammoth quoted were fights where no belt was on the line, no unification was being fought for or there weren't two marque names.

Those are good numbers considering, but you'd hope to see more than that, to be honest. I can't help but think that boxing fans are starting to lose interest. Maybe this year things turn around with all the great fights being put on and boxing can start getting more of the market share.

Comment

Working...
                      X