Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez: I'm Still The Best In The World, No Other Fighter Takes Risks Like I Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez: I'm Still The Best In The World, No Other Fighter Takes Risks Like I Do

Canelo Alvarez was universally considered boxing's best pound-for-pound fighter until Dmitry Bivol pumped the brakes on the Mexican star's ascent, handing him just his second loss of his career and first defeat in nine years.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    chavmex chavmex likes this.

Obviously this is an appeal to his legions of casual twice a year fans. He is not the best in the world. You don’t retain that label after getting soundly whipped by someone in a division you’ve already won a world title in. You don’t get that back by beating up a shopworn 40 year old moving up to a division he has never fought in.
    Last edited by Oldskoolg; 05-27-2022, 03:28 PM.

Comment

But you are not, not at this moment. you lost, how can you be the best. Not right now, not anymore.

Comment

Real talk - going up in a dif weight class and fighting a champion in that weight class is almost impossible to achieve at the highest levels. Most boxers don’t even try it, but I feel Canelo got to overconfident. It took him years to fight Golovkin at 160 since he took his time making that weight class, he took 168 too easy and jumped to the 175 right away. Your body needs time to get used to that weight.

Too overconfident = a recipe for a loss.

Look at Roy Jones Jr. or recently Mikey Garcia.
        Last edited by boxingcoachontario; 05-27-2022, 08:36 AM.
        vital1983 vital1983 Motofan Motofan like this.

Comment

Respect to Canelo for fighting champions that are much bigger then him but he ain't the only one. Lomachenko and Usyk are also fighting bigger fighters at the highest level

Comment

You are good. Very very good. Also happen to be a loser that ate salads instead of real food and lost to a Russian during a imperialistic war that most of the world hates. You let down the world with your "risk".... do better. Get a few steaks in you and KO an eastern European. The world needs it.. Kazakhstan is close enough to being eastern Europe and GGG needs a retirement nap. Lets see it
            Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post
              You are good. Very very good. Also happen to be a loser that ate salads instead of real food and lost to a Russian during a imperialistic war that most of the world hates. You let down the world with your "risk".... do better. Get a few steaks in you and KO an eastern European. The world needs it.. Kazakhstan is close enough to being eastern Europe and GGG needs a retirement nap. Lets see it
              hahahahahaha

Comment

Humility is a commendable trait
                Elastic Recoilz Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingcoachontario View Post
                  Real talk - going up in a dif weight class and fighting a champion in that weight class is almost impossible to achieve at the highest levels. Most boxers don’t even try it, but I feel Canelo got to overconfident. It took him years to fight Golovkin at 160 since he took his time making that weight class, he took 168 too easy and jumped to the 175 right away. Your body needs time to get used to that weight.

Too overconfident = a recipe for a loss.

Look at Roy Jones Jr. or recently Mikey Garcia.
                  Roy started at 160. He won titles at 160, 168, 175, and heavyweight. He had problems coming back down to Light Heavy when he fought a juiced up Antonio Carver. BUT HE TOTALLY BLEW JOHN RUIZ OUT OF THE WATER. THEIR FIGHT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE.

So I don't see the correlation with Roy.

Canelo DID NOT beat a prime Kovalev and that fight was extremely close until the 11th. I mean I respect Canelo's hustle for going up in weight, but this isn't anything new that he's doing. There's guys at 160 and 168 that beats Canelo right now. He doesn't beat Bivol at 168 or 175.

He lost to Golovkin at 160, but we tend to forget that regardless of what the scorecards said. No one had Canelo winning that fight including this site Boxing Scene.

I think Canelo got exactly what he needed which a good slice of humble pie. And there's no shame in that. I'm a big fan of Canelo, but I can also be objective too.

Me as a Canelo fan would love to see him fight Benavidez because I think he can win, but for some reason he chooses not to. Something that I just don't understand.
                  Last edited by NCBoxingPro; 05-27-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Canelo wants to create a narrative that says he was going up in weight chasing greatness and fell short. But that's all bs. Because in reality, he was running from Benavidez, and going up in weight only because he thought he saw something sweet in Bivol. Turns out, Bivol was bitter as a mofo and kicked his carrot top ass. He did the same thing when he hopped up to fight Kovalev. He only goes up and picks ppl he thinks he can easily beat he knew Kovalev was drunk off potato vodka when he fought him. He also wanted to go up to fight a big slow cruiserweight. That's not chasing greatness, that's cherry picking at it's finest. And no one cherry picks as good as Canelo Alvarez. Ppl that know boxing understand this. All his best wins have an asterisk next to them, because u can look at all of them and see why he took those fights when he did. He only goes when he thinks he sees something sweet and always avoids the tougher available fights in his own weight class. But u keep running from who the fans wanna see u fight, and this is what happens. U run right into a problem and get ur ass whooped. Good for u. And u ain't the best in boxing. That would be Bud or Boots right now

Comment

Working...
                    X