Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Catterall: If Josh Taylor Fights Zepeda, Then He's Not a Man of His Word

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Glad you could admit that. I just read a post of yours mentioning Taylor on a Clarissa Shields Thread. Explain the relevance please. Obsessed . Your a fan really, aren't you lol.
    The relevance is that both Marshall and Taylor are delaying and ducking, facts. Pay attention.

Comment

Zepeda beats them both.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I don't know why Josh won't take the rematch? He is a much better fighter than Catterall.

He was just too overconfident and probably took Jack lightly by not doing a full training camp and thought to himself that he was going to go in there and just blast Jack out in three rounds but he was wrong.

Catterall was prepared. I have to admit that that was the worse I've ever seen Taylor perform. He kept getting countered over and over again with clean punch after clean punch.
        Catterall is a good fighter though. He was used by both Floyd and Canelo for sparring

He is also known in the gyms around the UK as a real talent. Carl Frampton said he would stay after his sessions just to watch Catterall sparring because he was that good in the gym.

Thats the thing with fighters like Catterall who were undefeated but not stepped up to the highest level, they can be much better than people realise. Everyone has to make the jump up in level at some point. Every top fighter had to at some point.

As it stands, Catterall finally got his shot at the top level after years of waiting and he really won.

Catterall might not have the physical tools some of Taylor’s opponents have had, such as power, but he probably has the best boxing brain out of all Taylor’s opponents and I think that’s what Taylor underestimated. Catterall has a very high ring IQ, he will give anyone problems.

I think Taylor can beat him now he understands Catterall is a very smart fighter, rather than just looking at a guy he thought couldn’t outfight him. But even a rematch wouldn’t be straight forward.

I said on here before the fight that Taylor should win but Catterall is no joke and he can’t underestimate him or he’ll have problems. Nobody will blow Catterall away with ease like people thought, he’s too ring savvy.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-24-2022, 11:55 PM.
        factsarenice and champion4ever like this.

Comment

I think 1inchCock secretly fantasises about Taylor. The game is up 1inchCock, just admit it!

The Catterall fight will always be there and will definitely happen, its just a matter of when. I'll put any money on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atletisock View Post
            I think 1inchCock secretly fantasises about Taylor. The game is up 1inchCock, just admit it!

The Catterall fight will always be there and will definitely happen, its just a matter of when. I'll put any money on that.
            The rematch wont matter in two-three years from now, hell it wont by next year ; by then Josh Taylor would of been KO and trying to drag Jack up to 147 -- maybe at a catchweight.
            Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The relevance is that both Marshall and Taylor are delaying and ducking, facts. Pay attention.
              Marshall is injured with medical papers to prove it. Taylor has a WBC mandatory against Chon. As far as I am aware he has no plans to duck that. My attention is just fine.

Comment

Scottish Rat. Its like why khan avoided brook for years and years. He is just terrified of getting battered (again) by a fellow Brit.
                Smash likes this.

Comment

1000% should run it back with Catterall

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Catterall is a good fighter though. He was used by both Floyd and Canelo for sparring

He is also known in the gyms around the UK as a real talent. Carl Frampton said he would stay after his sessions just to watch Catterall sparring because he was that good in the gym.

Thats the thing with fighters like Catterall who were undefeated but not stepped up to the highest level, they can be much better than people realise. Everyone has to make the jump up in level at some point. Every top fighter had to at some point.

As it stands, Catterall finally got his shot at the top level after years of waiting and he really won.

Catterall might not have the physical tools some of Taylor’s opponents have had, such as power, but he probably has the best boxing brain out of all Taylor’s opponents and I think that’s what Taylor underestimated. Catterall has a very high ring IQ, he will give anyone problems.

I think Taylor can beat him now he understands Catterall is a very smart fighter, rather than just looking at a guy he thought couldn’t outfight him. But even a rematch wouldn’t be straight forward.

I said on here before the fight that Taylor should win but Catterall is no joke and he can’t underestimate him or he’ll have problems. Nobody will blow Catterall away with ease like people thought, he’s too ring savvy.
                    Well said! Good Post!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Well thought out, good read, dynamite post...thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X