No announcement yet.

Business Fans vs. Boxing Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Fans vs. Boxing Fans

Has anyone else been following boxing for a long time?

Before 2005 and the age of the internet, the whole A side B side thing always existed. But it seemed like back then fans understood that the money splits, contracts, was none of their business and not their place to talk about it. You don't know the finances of a boxing match, only the promoters, the fighters and their agents and lawyers do.

So why is it that now you hear so many people taking about business and not boxing? So much talk is based on hearsay and speculation, it's illegal for the promoters to even disclose the negotiations, so all these articles about what fighters are demanding are usually not true anyway.
    PBR Streetgang likes this.

interested what people think

Comment

Great thread. I have also been a boxing fan / boxer since pretty much forever and I have noticed this same thing.

I personally don't give a damn, I view the promoters the same way I do lawyers....... rats and leeches.

Seems like many people here are fans of promoters / promotions which is very odd.
      PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
        interested what people think
        Bud must get no more than %40.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Bud must get no more than %40.
          You are not a promoter, not a lawyer, not an accountant, you are not qualified to say how much he should get.

Let the fighters and their managers focus on money and we can focus on boxing,

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

You are not a promoter, not a lawyer, not an accountant, you are not qualified to say how much he should get.

Let the fighters and their managers focus on money and we can focus on boxing,
            Red - It's not hard to breakdown. Let at the past numbers they did.

Comment

Social media gives more people insight and it’s talked about 100% more from the insiders themselves because they somewhat have to inform the fans nowadays to an extent to why fights got or didn’t get made . Everyone is an expert now ,this in turn gives fanatics ways to lie or tell the truth because they can simply look up things most the times .

Im not really sure it’s a bad thing . More educated fans who know more make it more difficult fir promoters etc to get away with the things they did back in the day and they really have to wAtch what they say ,this is why Warren edits the interviews he does or consults what not to question him on ,I think this is because he slipped up in the admitting of sabotaging the Wilder vs A. J fight years ago which was on a live interview .

It’s good people know about the business because it helps actually making fights happen,I think today it’s actually essential. The funny thing is even all the knowledge presented you have more crazies still blaming the party trying to actually make a specific fight but you can’t change intelligence unfortunately you can only hope people use more brain power which has never been a boxing fans stronghold .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-19-2022, 09:18 PM.

Comment

IMO, all negotiations should be behind closed doors. Why the F should we care honestly.

Comment

Social media and internet in general gives everyone a platform. There's more information for better and for worse. Sometimes it's accurate and sometimes it bogus, often we don't know what is what. However, our own bias often leads us to believe what we want to believe.

I've followed boxing since the early 80s, back then it was more simple and pure for me as a fan because I didn't know (or think I knew) how the sausage got made. I may better understand why things happen or don't, but I'm not sure I enjoy it more.

Comment

Because boxing doesn't have one dominant league, the different leagues often have different stars, who rarely fight each other because they fight for different leagues.

Since fans of the sport so rarely get the fights they most want to see, they become interested in learning about why the fights aren't taking place.

Comment

Working...
                    X