Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know.......... It's possible that Canelo was never all that good to begin with.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar just let the cat out of the bag. If he had been the promoter for the Bivol fight, Canelo would have won. Then, we would be doing back and forth with his fanbase that he just won another rigged fight fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

It makes sense if a fight fan wants to compare what is and what isn't great.

If it's all about bashing Nelo, then that isn't a fight fan.

Why do you think no GGG fan is willing to post up his glorious resume ?
      I find that far more interesting
      Why would they? Everyone knows that Canelo's resume is far superior to Golovkins even if they were relatively evenly matched in the ring. Why would you find that interesting?

What I think you mean is that you don't like it when folk criticise Canelo even though you routinely criticise other fighters and are somehow seeking to deflect by suggesting that folk should focus their attention instead on 40 year old who never quite lived up to his full potential. GGGs more or less an irrelevence at this point and besides many of the folk criticising Canelo were never Golovkin fans to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        Oh... but yeah. Canelo is very, very good, and stands amongst some of the best of this era but he isn't and never was on some other level or in a different stratosphere as some would have you believe. He has been granted opportunities from a young age far beyond what most other fighters would see in their entire career and - to the credit of both his character and abilities - has taken full advantage of the opportunities and privileges he has enjoyed.
        That's really all it boils down to. These guys weaponize his privileges to constantly assault the fighters I support like Crawford and Andrade, knowing very well that 99% of these guys canelo fought (including GGG) would Never accept a fight with Demetrius Andrade.

Anyway, resume is important, but to me it's very overrated, when people talk about nothing but resume it really is just them exposing their inability to analyze what's actually going on inside of the ring. Anyone with a brain knew Dmitry Bivol sklllwise was miles ahead of Canelo's recent string of opponents, I had been saying this for years that I'd prefer to see Bivol over Saunders, Smith, Plant because Bivol is a fight where we actually don't know who will win. But it wasn't Bivol's resume that made me believe that, it was his skill. Same thing I see with Crawford and Andrade.
        Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 05-14-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

It makes sense if a fight fan wants to compare what is and what isn't great.

If it's all about bashing Nelo, then that isn't a fight fan.

Why do you think no GGG fan is willing to post up his glorious resume ?
          I find that far more interesting
          You keep repeating resume.

I'll be you also thought that Dmitry Bivol was no better than Caleb Plant.

Neither had any resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Why would they? Everyone knows that Canelo's resume is far superior to Golovkins even if they were relatively evenly matched in the ring. Why would you find that interesting?

What I think you mean is that you don't like it when folk criticise Canelo even though you routinely criticise other fighters and are somehow seeking to deflect by suggesting that folk should focus there attention instead on 40 year old who never quite lived up to his full potential. GGGs more or less an irrelevence at this point and besides many of the folk criticising Canelo were never Golovkin fans to begin with.
            Most Canelo fans are the former Golovkin fans.

It's also funny because if Golovkin is so bad then Canelo has to be too considering (1) everyone considers Golovkin Canelo's best win, and (2) most of the world either had that fight a draw or Golovkin winning that fight.

Who cares, the Canelo fans ask? All that matters are the official scorecards and Canelo won easily!! Well if you look at the scorecards, they were 7-5, 7-5, 6-6. That means GGG was 1 round away on 1 judge's cards from retaining his belts.

Let's look a little further at those 2 7-5 cards shall we? They were Steve Weisfeld and Dave Moretti.

These are the same 2 judges that only gave Bivol 7 rounds.

Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 05-14-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Canelo was always nothing more than a 7.5/10 fighter who was manufactured to look great by some of the best match selection in the history of boxing. Every big name opponent was 35+, and the rest of them were average C level fighters like the bums he beat at 168 where everyone pretended they were legit champions.

His best legit win is probably Jacobs, and he gets a bit of credit for giving a past prime GGG two close fights which despite losing he performed well in. All this talk about Canelo being some amazing boxer who has A B C D game plans in a fight is comical. People must be totally blind not to see how average he looked vs Kovalev and Plant before the KO's where he just plodded around throwing haymakers, with no set up. He was a better boxer at 23 against Floyd. Now he is worse. His best division is still 160lbs.
              TernceBudCharlo TernceBudCharlo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
                Canelo was always nothing more than a 7.5/10 fighter who was manufactured to look great by some of the best match selection in the history of boxing. Every big name opponent was 35+, and the rest of them were average C level fighters like the bums he beat at 168 where everyone pretended they were legit champions.

His best legit win is probably Jacobs, and he gets a bit of credit for giving a past prime GGG two close fights which despite losing he performed well in. All this talk about Canelo being some amazing boxer who has A B C D game plans in a fight is comical. People must be totally blind not to see how average he looked vs Kovalev and Plant before the KO's where he just plodded around throwing haymakers, with no set up. He was a better boxer at 23 against Floyd. Now he is worse. His best division is still 160lbs.
                It's all about skills. He has an average jab, but doesn't have the stamina to throw it often, loads up on every single shot making his timing very easy to read for a defensively competent opponent, can't vary the speed of his punches, very poor footwork, foot positioning and inability to cut off the ring.

Now, the things that Canelo does incredibly well are his blazing fast hand speed, reflexes, upper body movement, and chin (probably from all the neck muscle from the roids but thats a different debate). These things don't make you elite.
                Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 05-14-2022, 12:53 PM.
                Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Why isn't GGG chasing greatness ever mentioned ?!?!?!?

Oh, right. GGG never chased greatness. Just money
                  Even that old POS GGG won 2 fights against the ginger.

Comment

Alvarez was and is a great fighter. But he was and is a level below fighters such as Floyd Mayweather Junior, Roy Jones Junior, Manny Pacquiao etc.

There are no fighters active today, operating at their level. In terms of skill or physical attributes 'None'.

The reason why threads like this are made, is because? Some people genuinely believed that Canelo Alvarez was on their level 'I am not one of those people'.

Therefor, there has been no dramatic fall out from his loss with me. I understand that Alvarez lost a fight, because he does not have the attributes to move up in weight and dominate.

He may be able to win a few fights here and there. But a fighters how lacks gears, lacks great movement, and has way below par endurance 'That type of fighters is not moving up in weight a dominating fighters'.

If you do not have those attributes, you better have a skill level that is alien to your competitors. Alvarez's skill level is to top class, but it is not levels above some of these other elite fighters.

Floyd Mayweather did not have a monster punch, but he was still able to beat bigger and naturally stronger fighters. Because of his skill level was super elite, and his endurance was also super elite etc.

Comment

he was never what he was made out to be. ive said it over and over again, hes a good world level fighter but nothing elite about him. he showed hes not really a level above people like lara/trout in the past, most had way past prime GGG beating him twice, bivol and mayweather made him looking a ****ing amateur.

Comment

Working...
                      X