Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad would a regular hardcore boxing fan score a fight at ringside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad would a regular hardcore boxing fan score a fight at ringside?

You place a hardcore boxing fan at ringside, on just one of the 4 sides of the ring. How badly do you think you would score a fight? No replays, no highlights of the round, no live punch stats as a reference point, no discussing the fight with others. Basically everything that is at your disposal when you watch it on tv and discussing it on boxingscene.com, is all gone now.

Also remember, you are sitting down in one spot, so your view of a particular exchange of punches is blocked due to bad angle, too bad just guess what happened or try to go with the crowd reaction. You can also look at if any of them ends up staggering to see if maybe someone got hurt in that exchange that you couldn’t really see.

So how bad would you be as a ringside judge?

I ask this because, I think the pro boxing judging system is far broken and needed an overhaul like decades ago. Judges scorecards are often times way off and the biggest issue with that is that no, not all judges are actually bribed or fixing fights. I think they are just forced to be in competent due to the way they have to score fights.

This is so stupid. If it's so bad being at ringside due to bad angles and "not being able to tell if someone is staggered" then why even have em there? Absolutely stupid argument.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
      This is so stupid. If it's so bad being at ringside due to bad angles and "not being able to tell if someone is staggered" then why even have em there? Absolutely stupid argument.
      That’s the entire point of the argument, dummy.

Read the last paragraph, peepeepoopooBrain.

Comment

Some Americans are so beyond stupid. Good lord. Your educational system really is rightfully ranked as among the worst of all developed countries for a reason.

I mean this guy’s post is basically American’s reading comprehension in a nutshell.

I should have created a digital picture book as my post, maybe then you would read it til the end.

Comment

I will say, having sat ringside numerous times for fights, it looks totally different on TV.

I personally think judges should have a monitor and watch it from there.
          Outwest Exp 355 likes this.

Comment

Ringside, short of being in the ring itself is the best position to judge a fight. One can gage accuracy, impact, damage and skill much better than TV. No to mention speed! The action looks so slow on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by real raw View Post
              Ringside, short of being in the ring itself is the best position to judge a fight. One can gage accuracy, impact, damage and skill much better than TV. No to mention speed! The action looks so slow on TV.
              It really isn’t. That is why many boxing officials complain about it. The best view is if you are the referee, or if you are watching it on tv with the luxury of having multiple angles, replays, punch stats, etc.

If a judge is at a certain angle where he missed a punch, he relies on crowd reaction. Here is the issue: crowds react even to a combo of 5 punches that missed. That was how Calzaghe beat Hopkins. Throwing punches in bunches that mostly all of them missed but the crowed swayed the judges.

Comment

Would not Want that At ALL

I would rather let a Casual who don't know either fighter Judge a fight rather than trust some Emotionally Attached Hardcore Fans who would have his favorite fighter up on the Cards before the Opening Bell

Hardcores are SH^T FANS, some of you are even OK wth Robberies as long as it Helps your Favorite Fighter gets the Win. It was Fans EXPECTING Canelo to still get the Decision and was disappointed and flat out SHOCKED that he didn't and that is a major issue with boxing
                Last edited by sicko; 05-14-2022, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Would not Want that At ALL

I would rather let a Casual who don't know either fighter Judge a fight rather than trust some Emotionally Attached Hardcore Fans who would have his favorite fighter up on the Cards before the Opening Bell

Hardcores are SH^T FANS, some of you are even OK wth Robberies as long as it Helps your Favorite Fighter gets the Win. It was Fans EXPECTING Canelo to still get the Decision and was disappointed and flat out SHOCKED that he didn't and that is a major issue with boxing
                  I haven’t seen any fans who scored the fight for Canelo. Did that happen here? If so, which poster claims Canelo should have won?

Comment

Depends on how much you pay me. It's all about the Benjamin's.
                    BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X