Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol 'Not 100%' Sure if He Can Make 168 For Canelo Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

I disagree. Bivol is a champion at 175, not 168, so it’s his prerogative if he wants to defend at light heavyweight vs dropping down to give an advantage to someone he just beat.

If Bivol does move down then he deserves to be massively overpaid to do so.

Yes, Canelo at 168 may be a different beast but that’s not Bivol’s division.
    If Bivol went down to 168 and won the belts then jumped up to 175 and beat Bieterbiev that would be the 1st time in HISTORY someone had 8 belts at the same time. That what Canelo was trying to do and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

Why doesn't Canelo just come in lighter then?
      Thats what they was saying on this podcast I listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        I believe he can beat Bivol in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
          What’s this “fully motivated canelo” nonsense? Anyone who’s watched bivols career knows he’s better than canelo. Canelo is a great fighter and very good, but he’s not the best at every weight. He’d be the top dog at MW and 154 147. Possibly 168 but he gotta take out benevidez first. 175 bivol and beterbiev beat him David Marvell beats him and possibly Ramirez. This “fully motivated” bs is a joke. Canelo isn’t the greatest fighter to ever lace up a pair of gloves. He’s no where close to as good as the fighters before him like de la Hoya, trinidad,hopkins. Could u imagine de la Hoyas career without fighting quartey, tito, hopkins, Vargas, mayorga among others. Tito fought everybody. Like prime Sergio Martinez would beat canelo man. He’s not as great as people say. He’s great and makes a lot of money but he’s not as great mayweather or the greats before him I named. Canelo ain’t fight charlo he ain’t fight andrade the one fight I’ll give him credit for is the kovalev fight that was crazy but he ain’t even cleanly clean out 154 to 160
          Kov was spent in round 7, he had the rehydration clause. But took the fight because of the payday.
          cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Dmitry mustn't be silly and weakening himself down in weight.

Remember Chad Dawson going down to fight Andre Ward? Not very wise. Besides, if Canelo wants a rematch believe you me, he'll take it at 175 lbs again.

Bivol calls the shots now I'd say.
            Sorry to burst your little bubble mate but canelo still the shotcaller even though he lost,what is definitely a fact is that bivol has more leverage to negotiate now and yes rematch HAS to be at 175

Comment

Rematch for what? Canelo got beat fair and square.

Comment

Let us say for what ever reason Bivol says no to the rematch. Can Bivol possibly be stripped of the belf for not fighting Canelo in a rematch? The WBA could then gift wrap the belt and make Canelo the champ. I guess I should not be surprised that that could really be a reality in the bizarre world of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravensfan View Post
                  Let us say for what ever reason Bivol says no to the rematch. Can Bivol possibly be stripped of the belf for not fighting Canelo in a rematch? The WBA could then gift wrap the belt and make Canelo the champ. I guess I should not be surprised that that could really be a reality in the bizarre world of boxing.
                  Nah men if bivol doesnt take rematch there nothing wba can do unless its specifically detailed on rematch clause which I doubt it would be extremely bizarre, but tbh bivol has to be crazy to say no to that kinda money specially since he already beat him once

Comment

did canelo ever said anything about 168 ? all this time it was bivol saying he wants canelos titles, if there is a rematch it should be at 175, bivol has nothing to offer at 168, and if canelo wins at 168 there will be little to no credit for him...
                    dreamroom dreamroom likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      did canelo ever said anything about 168 ? all this time it was bivol saying he wants canelos titles, if there is a rematch it should be at 175, bivol has nothing to offer at 168, and if canelo wins at 168 there will be little to no credit for him...
                      no it was bivol that started saying it.

Comment

Working...
                      X