Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: 'I'm a Crowd Pleaser...I Stood Right in Front of Valdez and Gave Him What He Wanted'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post
    Shakur the man. Stop hating. Recognize skills and talent
    Nobody said he didn't have skill dumb dumb

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      What? Tiptapping gloves and jumping back whenever a guy wants to fight is not entertaining. What makes Stevenson especially boring, is the fact he’s no sharpshooter. There were a few instances, but for the most part he was not making Valdez miss and pay. It was just hit gloves, step away, cuffing hook pivot repeat. Guy needs to learn how to put punishment on guys.
      Did you watch the fight?
      valdez face looks like he went through a meat grinder. If shakur had no power Valdez would have walked through him, which he didn’t.
      Don’t get me wrong, shakur fights like the amateurs still…he doesn’t understand the pro ranks are about entertainment and excitement and the way he ran the last 10 seconds of the fight was shameful…BUT he’s got tremendous skills, he’s HUGE for his weight class and he beats most guys there.
      But yes he runs a lot and is boring asf.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlawnk View Post
        Nobody said he didn't have skill dumb dumb
        Thats for all the posters that call him a bum. If you can't comment without the name calling stay the Phvck off my post.

Comment

There's absolutely no doubt the criticism of his boring style has struck a truthful nerve with Stevenson. I've never heard a guy talk more about his "pleasing style" after a dominant-but-boring win since Mayweather.

Crowd-pleasing fighters are finishers, Shakur. You are NOT a finisher.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            He could have knocked Valdez out in 6 rounds if he wanted to be a crowd pleaser, but why risk it? It's the Mayweather way. Putting the crowd to sleep instead of the opponent.
            Stevenson stood right in front of Valdez and Valdez couldn’t do anything with him.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post

Did you watch the fight?
              valdez face looks like he went through a meat grinder. If shakur had no power Valdez would have walked through him, which he didn’t.
              Don’t get me wrong, shakur fights like the amateurs still…he doesn’t understand the pro ranks are about entertainment and excitement and the way he ran the last 10 seconds of the fight was shameful…BUT he’s got tremendous skills, he’s HUGE for his weight class and he beats most guys there.
              I didn’t see any running aside from the last few seconds of the fight. Shakur stood right in front of Valdez and outclassed him. The fight was only “boring” because of the gap in skills, not because Stevenson ran or stunk out the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post

Did you watch the fight?
                A cut on the cheek and red all over, most of which was probably from his own gloves hitting him as that’s where I saw most of Stevensons work go. Like I said. He’s no sharpshooter. Had a guy coming at him all night and just peppered him all over and that’s it, had that one left hand as Valdez rushed in and that’s about the only flush power punch he landed. In contrast Rigondeaux was super exciting when guys came to fight.

Comment

A big ol stiff arm measuring jab that dont retract.

Comment

I got some mild entertainment watching referee Bayless squirm as he was forced to warn SS about 12 times about the outstretched arm - but knew never to do anything about it. He looked really uncomfortable trying to play that off

Comment

Can't wait to see him move up and match his style vs the top guys at 135

Comment

Working...
                      X