Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Golovkin Has Been Very Inactive, Murata is Really Dangerous Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Golovkin Has Been Very Inactive, Murata is Really Dangerous Fight

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom believes IBF, IBO middleweight champion Gennadiy Golovkin is taking a very risky fight when he goes up against WBA champion Ryota Murata in a high stakes unification.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn DOESNT KNOW SHYTE ABOUT BOXING! Murata last fought on 2019, 3yrs ago! GGG just fought last Dec 2020 vs an undefeated ibf title contender!
    Rip Chudd Rip Chudd likes this.

Comment

Murata has been inactive longer. No telly which will be affected or benefitted more with the long layoff.
      Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 04-05-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I don’t think it’s true that power is the last thing to go, I think it’s the first thing to go, speed tends to last. Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao, all these guys were able to perform late into their career by using speed and technique, not relying on the knockout.

I think that’s a silly saying that started with George Foreman and stuck without a lot of other evidence, but truth is big George was an anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
          I don’t think it’s true that power is the last thing to go, I think it’s the first thing to go, speed tends to last. Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao, all these guys were able to perform late into their career by using speed and technique, not relying on the knockout.

I think that’s a silly saying that started with George Foreman and stuck without a lot of other evidence, but truth is big George was an anomaly.
          What goes first is the reflexes, once a fighter can't pull the trigger the power doesn't matter.

Comment

Regardless of the inactivity, Murata is tailor made for GGG.

GGG has taken little damage, doesn’t cut much weight to make 160, and looked good in the his last fight.

Ryoto is the perfect opponent for him to face to drum up interest before a Canelo match. It’s going to be demolition.
            Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

Those guys relied on speed more than power when they were old because they all went up several weight classes throughout their respective careers.

In general heavyweights peak later than any other weight division and the simple reason for that is because power is, indeed, the last thing to go. It's also the last thing to develop in most men. If you look at strongman competitions, the winners are usually in their late 30s or early 40s. Your speed, reflexes, flexibility, vision, and punch resistance will all fade as you age but you can continue building power as long as your body can support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                Regardless of the inactivity, Murata is tailor made for GGG.

GGG has taken little damage, doesn’t cut much weight to make 160, and looked good in the his last fight.

Ryoto is the perfect opponent for him to face to drum up interest before a Canelo match. It’s going to be demolition.
                THIS! Hearn is just trying to sell the fight. =) Make it seem more than what it is.... a dangerous opponent otherwise, but who is tailor made for GGG to demolish.
                Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Boxing is a bidness doe

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

"once a fighter can't pull the trigger the power doesn't matter.
                    Yep, and exactly. Pulling the trigger is exactly where GGG has looked weak lately. He was just always late getting his punches off against Derevyanchenko. If he does that in a third bout with Canelo, it will be a sad and disappointing thing to watch.

Ditching Abel Sanchez was the biggest mistake he ever made. Banks is trying to convert him into Paulie Malignaggi. It's like trying to teach your dog climb a tree -- it just ain't his thing. GGG has an iron chin and a wicked hard punch, more than once breaking opponent's bones. If he just wades in swinging heavy, he'll win in a walk against anyone, including Canelo. But if he gets back on that cover, duck, feint, slip, shift, weave, bob, and (finally!) a jab, he ends up squeaking his way past fighters who shouldn't have lasted three rounds with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X