Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Golovkin Has Been Very Inactive, Murata is Really Dangerous Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post

Yep, and exactly. Pulling the trigger is exactly where GGG has looked weak lately. He was just always late getting his punches off against Derevyanchenko. If he does that in a third bout with Canelo, it will be a sad and disappointing thing to watch.

Ditching Abel Sanchez was the biggest mistake he ever made. Banks is trying to convert him into Paulie Malignaggi. It's like trying to teach your dog climb a tree -- it just ain't his thing. GGG has an iron chin and a wicked hard punch, more than once breaking opponent's bones. If he just wades in swinging heavy, he'll win in a walk against anyone, including Canelo. But if he gets back on that cover, duck, feint, slip, shift, weave, bob, and (finally!) a jab, he ends up squeaking his way past fighters who shouldn't have lasted three rounds with him.

Bro, my dog climbs trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

Your dog is just built differently.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
        Hearn DOESNT KNOW SHYTE ABOUT BOXING! Murata last fought on 2019, 3yrs ago! GGG just fought last Dec 2020 vs an undefeated ibf title contender!
        Exactly what I’m saying!!

steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

Murata is 36 and his best win is... Rob Brand. So.. I wouldn't be too worried if you bet on GGG.

Comment

I'm still inclined to wait and see how GGG performs in this fight before giving a prediction vs Canelo, but the Banks move never seemed like a good one. They've been together long enough now that the fight vs Murata should tell us everything we need to know about that decision. There are two pivotal decisions GGG made: 1. Leaving Sanchez 2. Picking Banks out of everybody else, as I'm sure he had his pick of trainers when he left Sanchez. So, maybe decision #1 wasn't a bad idea necessarily, but you better be damn sure you get decision #2 right. Gennadiy looked good against Szeremeta, of course he's not been shown to be a top level guy.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

What goes first is the reflexes, once a fighter can't pull the trigger the power doesn't matter.
              Nah not true. I'm 61. I can flinch as fast as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

Does your dog have retractable claws and say meow?
                Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

If Golovkin is over the hill and inactive and has to move up in weight for the first time how does that make the 3rd Clenelo fight a "monster". Sounds more like a set up for Golovkin to get F*d Up. To make it worse Golovkin has to win by KO and Clenelo will probably be munching the Mexican meat again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post

Does your dog have retractable claws and say meow?
                    Ha! No.. He's a bull terrier. He's got a hell of a jump on him and he's ball-obsessed. I started putting his ball in easy-climb trees when he was a pup and he'd climb up to get it. His balance improved to the point where he has cat-like skills and balance, plus he's just solid muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                      Hearn DOESNT KNOW SHYTE ABOUT BOXING! Murata last fought on 2019, 3yrs ago! GGG just fought last Dec 2020 vs an undefeated ibf title contender!
                      Came to post the exact same thing. I'm sitting here after reading that like "well that's a lie"

Comment

Working...
                      X