Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nearing 40, Golovkin Has No Regrets About Career Hits and Misses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate that after the Canelo fights he went to DAZN for the big money to fight small fish.

He definitely wasn't the only one who did that but unfortunately it did affect his overall legacy along with competing solely in a relatively weak division for his entire career.

He still has a chance to go out with a bang if he manages to beat Canelo but I can't see that happening.

Comment

I have really enjoyed Golovkins career and of course he has haters, and that means he is great. He WAS the divisions bogeyman give the few that were willing to step up to the plate before GGG turned 35 credit. Nobody can take away what he has done, i guess one question will always be why didn't the Ward fight happen but his achievements speak for themselves, the Canelo fights were epic and he is still fighting at 40 wow!
      Ezavvy Ezavvy likes this.

Comment

If he truly wanted to be great, he would have fought Andre Ward. He ducked that fight period. Waited for Canelo to come up from Jr. Middleweight. Didn't really separate himself from Canelo. Didn't really separate himself from Danny Jacobs. Didn't really separate himself from Sergiy Derevyanchenko. All his big fights were close. He's fought a lot of subpar competition. He won't go down as an all time great.

Comment

It’s hard to watch him now struggling with fighters he would have obliterated in his early 30s. Definitely he could loose this weekend and maybe that would be for the best.

Comment

Working...
          X